Daily driver or Garage queen

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

z///

Club Guest
Makes me wonder if your BMW is a1) Daily driver- use for everyday to work, trips.or2) Garage queen- Use for weekends or functionFor me- My BMW E36 328i is the daily driver. The wheels paint already need painting & has 60k miles on it. Bought it in 2004 from the auto auction with 7k miles on it.
BMWMalaysiafroums.jpg
My weekend ride- An old Porsche 928 model. Got it cheap. Use it for attend weddings, car meet & weekend. Need a few things- Have small coolant leak which is the upper radiator hose which I need to address soon. Parts mostly order from USA.A pic of the 928http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/z928328/gts.jpg

Mine's a daily driver and loving it everyday :D

but maintenance is :(

mine used to be a garage queen , but after the conversion it's a daily driven car ...just can't let it sit in the garage ....

both bimmers at home are daily drivers. once the project car s ready, it'll certainly be a garage queen.

Ditto..me too...both beemers daily drivers and the garage queen is in the making!!..hehehe might use it as a daily driver too...:top:

Dude, that's an awesome looking 928! Loving those rims. :top: Rarely able to see the 928 on our roads. Currently having a beat up 924... :D

Thanks. LOL. Most are seen as daily drivers...hehe

Eggie86,

Forget to mention, I'm from Brunei. 928 here are also rare. Maybe only 30 but most resides in the garage as parts are hard to come by. Few Mat Salleh(org putih expats) drives 928s. They do their own maintenance.

924- The shape is similar to 944 & the hv the lines of the 928 & 968. I must say the 80s front engines Porsche are very unique.

Post a pic of the 924..I like to see :D.

Z

z///;540527 said:
Thanks. LOL. Most are seen as daily drivers...hehe

Eggie86,

Forget to mention, I'm from Brunei. 928 here are also rare. Maybe only 30 but most resides in the garage as parts are hard to come by. Few Mat Salleh(org putih expats) drives 928s. They do their own maintenance.

924- The shape is similar to 944 & the hv the lines of the 928 & 968. I must say the 80s front engines Porsche are very unique.

Post a pic of the 924..I like to see :D.

Z

Haha, will do bro. Always had a soft spot for the older front-engined Porsches. Then again, a lot of pure enthusiasts then to diss the 924, espc the base 2.0 model, since it's underpowered, with autobox only having 3 speeds?

Btw, that 924 tramlines a lot. Haha. But the sound it makes, pure bliss man! :top:

Eggie86;540749 said:
Haha, will do bro. Always had a soft spot for the older front-engined Porsches. Then again, a lot of pure enthusiasts then to diss the 924, espc the base 2.0 model, since it's underpowered, with autobox only having 3 speeds?

Btw, that 924 tramlines a lot. Haha. But the sound it makes, pure bliss man! :top:

I always like these front engine Porsche. The 928 also get critical view from the 911 purist.

But then again- It's a Porsche!

One problem is- Changing the Timing belt is so important for 928. Cannot neglect like other cars :D-

Does your 924 timing belt have to adjusted(re tension) every few thousand miles?

My 928 does but after getting an after market bracket to fit in the Audi auto tensioner from USA. So no need to re tension the timing belt now.

Wife use it daily.. but I rempit with it when ever I get behind the wheel.. :top:

BMW is such a waste if its just using for either of the above choices. Its such a beast waiting to be unleashed!

z///;540752 said:
I always like these front engine Porsche. The 928 also get critical view from the 911 purist.

But then again- It's a Porsche!

One problem is- Changing the Timing belt is so important for 928. Cannot neglect like other cars :D-

Does your 924 timing belt have to adjusted(re tension) every few thousand miles?

My 928 does but after getting an after market bracket to fit in the Audi auto tensioner from USA. So no need to re tension the timing belt now.

Ah well, but the 928 is pretty much a refined model. After all, production did last till early 90s right? Loved the rims on your model. And the colour, is it original? Slightly brownish in hue I assume? :top:

Ahh, timing belt. Truth be told, I have no idea, cos that car belongs to my dad. My daily drive is an old Bimmer. :D

But the car previously had problems with its fuel pump I think. Very hard to start in the mornings. Had to keep cranking and cranking... Thankfully the car's fixed now. Loving it as a weekend drive whenever I'm free.

My E30 used to by daily. Everyday to work. Everynight blasting around to and fro gf's place. :D

Now it's in hibernation. Exercise once every few weeks oni. :(

Eggie86;540767 said:
Ah well, but the 928 is pretty much a refined model. After all, production did last till early 90s right? Loved the rims on your model. And the colour, is it original? Slightly brownish in hue I assume? :top:

Ahh, timing belt. Truth be told, I have no idea, cos that car belongs to my dad. My daily drive is an old Bimmer. :D

But the car previously had problems with its fuel pump I think. Very hard to start in the mornings. Had to keep cranking and cranking... Thankfully the car's fixed now. Loving it as a weekend drive whenever I'm free.

I see. Yep original color(slate grey) & rims- Since 92. It's the last model of the 928 series. "GTS" version.

Ex Royalty car .Registered in UK & bring to Brunei - Stored in palace air con garage since 97.

Everything is new inside but due to lack of use- Lots need changing in the engine.

So far I spend 4 k on it:

1) New tyres.
2) Full Service
3) Timing belt $$$$
4) Overhaul Aircon- Cooling coil change, AC receiver dier, expansion valve $$$$

Next to repair-

1) Change all cooling hoses- To address the small leak that I have now-One hose(upper hose) is leaking but was advice to change all.
2) Speed sensors- Speedo not working.

I hope that's only it.

Mine is an E36 325 and due to the farking condition of our roads i hate to drive it on them roads. So i'm using my old daihatsu converted charade detomaso as the daily victim hehe...

I really love driving the beemer everyday.....but i guess patience is a virtue to the pocket hehe....

Ahh, the GTS. :top: Must be a dream to drive. Driving dynamics way different compared to the Bimmer huh? And the sound it makes, and the way it manages to make others do a double take on the roads. :D

Wow, 4K spent. The car must be very awesome now. :top:

^^Driving wise- Both the same in term of comfort- Both car have original sport seats & power wise- Porsche but it's not that fast. I usually just drive cruising type not the aggressive type.I love the V8 rumbling sound on the Porsche. It's like those American V8 sound.

For everyday use- The bimmer- easy to park at small parking. The Porsche- You tend to park very far fear of people dent your doors :p & also petrol consumption.. V8 5.4.. LOL..

I will feel more comfort once all the cooling hoses change on the Porsche. Hehe..

Mine is an E36 325 and due to the farking condition of our roads i hate to drive it on them roads. So i'm using my old daihatsu converted charade detomaso as the daily victim hehe...

I really love driving the beemer everyday.....but i guess patience is a virtue to the pocket hehe....

I agree- Roads conditions in Brunei too is horrible especially at the highway. Terrible patches & pot holes makes driving not enjoyable.
The JKR did lot of maintenance but the holes will be back after few months.

My BMW suspension need changing already soon due to terrible roads condition.

Top Bottom