Daddy's Tomica Collection

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Eggie86

Club Guest
Stumbled upon a treasure chest of sorts when I went back to my daddy's hometown last Thursday to usher in the Hokkien New Year.Actually realised that my dad had been an ardent collector of miniatures for ages! Just had to snap pics of some really interesting cars, and obviously, they're BMW-skewed. :love:Sorry that the pics quality ain't that good since it was taken with my mobile.
imag0856o.jpg
Guess what model? Answers in the next picture.
imag0857x.jpg
E21 320i. :love:
imag0858.jpg
Side profile. Lotsa interesting cars in the background too.
imag0859d.jpg
Original Mini... Mizhan, similar with the one you used to have ar? :4:
imag0860.jpg
Another shot of the Mini.
imag0861g.jpg
Group shot. E34 followed by the E21, E23 and finally, E24. :top:
imag0862.jpg
That lime-ish green E24 is quite nice. Kinda dig those rims. :4: Not Tomica though. I cannot recall whether it's from Corgi or Maisto, or another brand.
imag0863.jpg
A couple more side shots.
imag0864.jpg
Can anyone spot the Rover SD1? :4: Didn't realise Tomica used to come out with these really interesting models in the past. Their present ones are simply... Well, uninteresting to be honest. Hope these cars will be entrusted to me someday... :love:

BlackCat;606432 said:
WOW! Nice collection there...

Thanks bro. Haha. You're at the office early! Still based at Menara Citi? No idea when I'll be back at that area though. :4:

I'm in early on most weekdays... Nice to rempit with the cool morning air & minimum traffic on the roads :)

Buzz me when you are around the tower... and we can go for a TT!

BlackCat;606447 said:
I'm in early on most weekdays... Nice to rempit with the cool morning air & minimum traffic on the roads :)

Buzz me when you are around the tower... and we can go for a TT!

Haha, yeah. I know what you mean. I thought you're taking the LRT to work to avoid the inevitable congestion?

Yup, will do bro! Such a breeze being able to get to work without the silly congestion. Actually reached my office before 7 today... Crap. :4:

Wow! Good collection. Wished I didn't give away my matchbox cars when I entered college.....

MSport;606795 said:
Wow! Good collection. Wished I didn't give away my matchbox cars when I entered college.....

The older ones are still the most treasured it seems, compared to today's Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Tomica offerings...

YK9;607912 said:
Wow!!! What a nice collection you have there...

Thanks bro. Not mine, dad's, :4: Have some decent miniatures currently, but it pales into insignificance when compared to these classics! :love:

Top Bottom