D1 Malaysia Round 1

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jules

Club Guest
Guys,Just to share that the D1 is now confirmed to be held at parts of the Shah Alam Kart Track.........round 1 starts next weekend!Just drove past track just now - excavators already at work for minor earth filling!Aiyoh.....they tearing up my track.... :dunno: ( actually no....cos the critical corners for the drift is OUTSIDE the track proper :p )Round 3 & 5 also there......Tsuchiya - BANZAI!!!! :yahoo: www.D1GP.com.my

Fazz,

As you would have seen....the run off area is now filled and that will be the first corner.....ie,. the outside kerb for the kart track is now the INSIDE kerb for the drift event.

This means the drift track in indeed on outside the kart track surface! yes.....narrow huh ( to fence ) and they will place CONCRETE blocks at the fenceline.

2nd and 3rd corner also run outside the space between the kart track proper......

This will be fun....and yes, my fellow drifters Fabian, Zoggee, OSF and all those who attended the drift workshop...come and watch! If Dori Dori Tsuchiya there....can meet him in person!

Unfortunately, I am out of town SIGH!

Saturday March 11th

0900 Registration And Scrutineering

1015 Driver Briefing & Course Walk

1030 Time Attack Practice BEGINS (1 Run)

1145 Time Attack Run (TA1)

1300 Lunch Break

1400 Time Attack Run (TA2)

1515 Time Attack Run (TA3)

1645 Provisional Results Posted (30 mins allocated for protest)

1730 TA Results and Prize Giving Ceremony

Don't know lah... but I have to be there at 8am to jaga the crowd... snif snif... Hope I don't get too busy to watch the drift...

Originally posted by fabianyee@Mar 9 2006, 11:11 PM
Saturday March 11th

0900 Registration And Scrutineering

1015 Driver Briefing & Course Walk

1030 Time Attack Practice BEGINS (1 Run)

1145 Time Attack Run (TA1)

1300 Lunch Break

1400 Time Attack Run (TA2)

1515 Time Attack Run (TA3)

1645 Provisional Results Posted (30 mins allocated for protest)

1730 TA Results and Prize Giving Ceremony
thanx bro..will try to be there after lunch.bit busy in the mornin',gotta check out this CLK for my dad,take it for a thorough check-up etc etc..

shud be very exciting!! my friend will be competing i think..driving a blue early model Cefiro with RB26.

Look carefully at the schedule. After lunch it's still the "time attack" competition, which is autocross not drift! I will pop in there in the morning to support my fellow VW Golfies!

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Mar 10 2006, 02:35 AM
Look carefully at the schedule. After lunch it's still the "time attack" competition, which is autocross not drift! I will pop in there in the morning to support my fellow VW Golfies!
But... if you look closely, it's ALL "time attack"!!!

drift and time attack are on concurently since they don't share the same track..

Top Bottom