Cylinder 4 not well

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ade

Club Guest
Hi all sifoos.....There's been this slight vibration that is always on and off on my valvetronic...am sure many have this issue as well.All said, my mech told me that my cylinder 4 is not "cycling" within specification. I forgot what is the righ term for this but i remember he showed me the specs should be

Is there such thing as Vanos for a 4 cylinder engine..??? :unsure: or issit ur car pinging..???

something wrong with the coil? that 4th coil seem to be a weaklink in most Valvys...

I changed my coils to the new BOSCH about a year ago.

Fabian,

What's with the problem on the 4th cylinder on valvys?

there wuz a talk sayin they put cheapo coils to e46 sometime in 00' or 01', but since u said u had changed it to bosch, then they shld b ok.

try the airflow sensor dude. dont go buy it on yer own, ask the mechanic to test to change the sensor n c how it goes. best wishes dude :)

in case it is, price is bout RM1200 - RM1500 fer new one.

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

That's expensive man! But is there one sensor per cylinder or what?

are you sure it's just cylinder 4 having problem? if so, than it's 'cylinder-specific'.

Is it advisable to swap the 4th coil with the other 3 coils to test whether the symptom is carried over? Or are the coils cylinder-specific?

Sorry, I can't offer much advice on this.. Hopefully it's not problems with the internals.

Originally posted by fabianyee@May 3 2006, 08:54 PM
are you sure it's just cylinder 4 having problem? if so, than it's 'cylinder-specific'.

Is it advisable to swap the 4th coil with the other 3 coils to test whether the symptom is carried over? Or are the coils cylinder-specific?

Sorry, I can't offer much advice on this.. Hopefully it's not problems with the internals.
Yup...definitely its only the 4th cylinder. Unless my mech is wrong and from the numbers and specs he showed me, i would say yes its cylinder 4 only. Will try to ask the mech to put in new coils to see if the symptom goes away.

Anyway, do you know what does the numbers means?

Top Bottom