Crystal Paint

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

r37720

Club Guest
I plan to change the colour of my E36 328i to yellow colour. My option is metallic pearl yellow and got quotation for RM3600. I get second quotation from other shop telling me that they can do CRYSTAL Yellow which is much better than the Pearl yellow. I try to do the literature search but not much luck. Need feedback from forummers on the crystal paint technology and advantages

i think it;s ceramic paint ...never heard of crystal but it could be as mentioned below

crystal is the flakes they mix with the laquer to boost out the paint which then is called metalic ..these day you can choose the size of those flakes ...

my 2 cento

ICEMAN 13;526209 said:
i think it;s ceramic paint ...never heard of crystal but it could be as mentioned below

crystal is the flakes they mix with the laquer to boost out the paint which then is called metalic ..these day you can choose the size of those flakes ...

my 2 cento

i think you are right bcos the guy told me that i can choose any based paint colour i like and then he will do the top sprying wtih the crystal material.

thanks

r37720;526198 said:
I plan to change the colour of my E36 328i to yellow colour. My option is metallic pearl yellow and got quotation for RM3600.

I get second quotation from other shop telling me that they can do CRYSTAL Yellow which is much better than the Pearl yellow.

I try to do the literature search but not much luck.

Need feedback from forummers on the crystal paint technology and advantages

hi r37720,
may i know what paint they are using? and are the paint system all from the same brand? ( Primer, paint, clearcoat....)

thanks

I have to check on this.

But I do not intend to use this crystal liquer bcos i am not impressed with the paint workmanship

i was told that the crystal white is the so call Camry white, looks wee bit blue-ish to me....
Instead of Alpine white, i opt for that in the end...

chong82;542831 said:
i was told that the crystal white is the so call Camry white, looks wee bit blue-ish to me....
Instead of Alpine white, i opt for that in the end...

Yes, you are right...

Last year I paint my previous Honda Accord with crystal white with blue..very nice paint especialy when you park your car in bright area your car will turn to diffrent colour, blue/purple. If you go to paint workshop and ask for brochure you will see so many crystal colours..hard to choose..all nice.

I had my E60 painted in this so-called Crystal White too :D similar or exactly the same of what you see on a White facelifted Camry!

Bro R37720, you just have to find a spray paint shop that know what they are doing (like me :D) PM me if you are interested! I will direct you to the shop that my family send our cars to...

thule;542880 said:
I had my E60 painted in this so-called Crystal White too :D similar or exactly the same of what you see on a White facelifted Camry!

Bro R37720, you just have to find a spray paint shop that know what they are doing (like me :D) PM me if you are interested! I will direct you to the shop that my family send our cars to...

aiks i thought ur car are already nice with alpine white...:eek:

Top Bottom