Couple of related questions on M50 engine revs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ktteoh

Club Guest
i'm run a e34 520i m50 non-vanos model.i noticed a couple of points:1. rpm when the air-cond compressor kicks in is about 900 rpm - is it possible to get it down to 600 rpm ? is there a mechanical idle speed screw compensator to adjust to get the rpm down ? or is this setting controlled by ecu too ?2. sometimes there is a tendency for the revs not to die down immediately when i take my foot off the accelerator - it's not like it takes seconds to die down but it kinds gets in the way when you need to change gears fast - i drive a manual.3. the way the accelerator pedal is designed (hinged at the floor) is quite bad - gritty stuff like sands, peddles always get collected there. is there a better carpet design that prevents this from happening4. i wonder if item (3) is somehow related to item #2 ?i look fwd to your help here as i sort this out.Edit/Delete Message

yeap, 1. you can adjust the rpm for aircond, there is a screw at the throttle body, pull the accelerator cable & you should find the screw.

Top Bottom