..cost of BMW M5 V10 engine..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..I couldnt find any article, brochure or any form of information about price for this engine M5, V10, 5 liter (SB85B50) .. any of you guys knows such info maybe ?? If so, I would like to get source of such information, if possible..

Few years ago there was an e60 M5 with blown engine in Seong Hoe Melaka, grey-imported car. Cost of the engine was told RM 120k, paid in full on placing the order and no warranty after replacement because grey-imported car even though replaced by authorised dealer.

If money is not an issue, it shouldn't be problem I think. You may engage one of the big players in the chop shop industry to bring them in. San Hin @ Chan Sow Lin had it a while back and they might still have. Go try your luck bro.

Bro EccO...

sound like u wana plant the v10 into ur Zee. U will take off like boeing la bro.

But again , u can declare it as 3.0l when u import it , the importer should be able to do the magic.god luck in your hunting.

pardypeople;669279 said:
If money is not an issue, it shouldn't be problem I think. You may engage one of the big players in the chop shop industry to bring them in. San Hin @ Chan Sow Lin had it a while back and they might still have. Go try your luck bro.

..any chance to get full address of that San Hin @ Chan Sow Lin shop..also, folks you mention, did something like this before ?? Dont get me wrong, but it doesnt feel right to me, to do eventually such thing with people with no similar experience from before, on some other vehicles if not BMW..i just dont like thing to finance whole education curve for someone, while im not sure am i going to get something what actually works..for instance, what you pay in Manhart is 25 years of tuning, and you are 100% confident that your Z is going to be just fine after you got it, without stopping every few hundred meters because something was not set right..im not saying that guys you mention are bad..noo..just raising a bit my major concern, and reason why I never try such thing before here..thats all..is there any more info about those folks mentioned (San Hin @ Chan Sow Lin) ?? I would like to know more about them..

EDIT:
Is this their address/location ??

http://superpages.com.my/listings/my55109

San Hin Auto Parts Trading 50 Jalan Chan Sow Lin, 55200 Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan 03-9221 6113 () ‎

I thought they are only chop shop parts supplier, you buy the halfcut from them and fit it elsewhere.

haywire;669341 said:
I thought they are only chop shop parts supplier, you buy the halfcut from them and fit it elsewhere.

Yes that's more like it bro. Hardware only:rolleyes:

haywire;669341 said:

..where to do such transplantation, and i mean, proper one, without cursing car every few km , but really enjoy benefits of such powerplant in such light vehicle ??

Ecc0;669355 said:
..where to do such transplantation, and i mean, proper one, without cursing car every few km , but really enjoy benefits of such powerplant in such light vehicle ??

hey Ecco. I might be able to obtain the V10 engine with the manual box, if you're really interested. installation wont be easy, but will be easier with the manual tranny.

easiest way is you get a standalone ecu to run the engine. ur ori ecu will run the other stuff on the car. question is....how big are your brass ones, and how much deeper is your wallet?? hahahah. :)

..well..i am looking ONLY for manual gbox for such powerplant, or better say , original M5 E60 6 gear manual transmission which includes a Fichtel & Sachs clutch and a M5 E60 differential..i believe it should be still cheaper than new M5, and im in love with roadsters sooo...question where to do all this stuff??

Ecc0;669368 said:
..well..i am looking ONLY for manual gbox for such powerplant, or better say , original M5 E60 6 gear manual transmission which includes a Fichtel & Sachs clutch and a M5 E60 differential..i believe it should be still cheaper than new M5, and im in love with roadsters sooo...question where to do all this stuff??

yes i meant the manual E60 M5. with the clutch/flywheel and diff. :) complete set. and I'm pretty sure I can get the tuning done to make it work. The guy will prob come down in person to tune it.

problem is roadsters have v limited engine bay space, I gather u mean z3/z4. if z8 is more realistic, as its a V8 oem. even to fit nicely in a E30, they had to mod the firewall to make it sit nicely. to fit a z3/z4, would require cutting the firewall and placing the engine deeper inside. a lot of work. def not for the faint of heart. if you have a bigger engine bay, would be a much easier story.

..my aim is to fit whole thing in to Z4 (E85)...there is rather few examples floating on internet that its doable/done with exactly same engine/power train as i have mentioned...so, to sum it up, Im REALLY interested and willing to invest in to that direction...reason why I haven't do much (if anything) in that direction, is basically, total absence of capable shops(that i know of), where such task can be done, without having problems with this or that, but really enjoy the vehicle..I mean..there is no point for me to buy whole set of necessary hardware for 'transplantation' without having slightest idea, where i can do whole thing...right ? By the way, ramsing, you doing this kind of stuff, i mean, tuning ??

Ecco,
why not just get the Z4///M instead?
Save you the hasel, time, headache and what not..no?

He's got bitten by the Z8 bug. 3.2 liters of the Z4M engine is not enough, he craves the 4,999cc 500bhp of the S85B50 engine.

Ecc0;669410 said:
..my aim is to fit whole thing in to Z4 (E85)...there is rather few examples floating on internet that its doable/done with exactly same engine/power train as i have mentioned...so, to sum it up, Im REALLY interested and willing to invest in to that direction...reason why I haven't do much (if anything) in that direction, is basically, total absence of capable shops(that i know of), where such task can be done, without having problems with this or that, but really enjoy the vehicle..I mean..there is no point for me to buy whole set of necessary hardware for 'transplantation' without having slightest idea, where i can do whole thing...right ? By the way, ramsing, you doing this kind of stuff, i mean, tuning ??

hahaha....I wish I can tune. It's not done by me, someone else. But if its been done b4, then you will need to read their build thread to see what exactly was done in regards to the bodywork. If the firewall was cut, then will be a no no. :)

deep3102;669434 said:
Ecco,
why not just get the Z4///M instead?
Save you the hasel, time, headache and what not..no?

boring la....hehehe. with power comes great sacrifice. 500hp screaming v10 in a z4 body, priceless if done right. passengers will need to change undies after a ride :D

Top Bottom