Correct ways to maintain your car!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Teekay

Club Guest
Hi Folks!I want to share with you about my reason experience. I noticed that many of us will not know the proper way to maintain our car. Knowing that the conventional workshop will only do the standard process every service. Anyway, I went to this workshop in Shah Alam Hicom Industrial Park and got my Bimmer a nice threatment. I got the Engine flush 3x times, Gearbox oil flush x2 times, de-carbonized and the fuel injector clean up. After alll the process, it took about 4-6 hours and the result is just amazing. All the dirt and dust coming out from your car is just scary. :eek: The car is more respsonsive, no choke during gear change and so much smoother to drive. No doubt it can be quite expensive for certain people, but it is worth spending rather then spending more :getyourfactsright: on changing spare parts. Most of the defects and broke down are caused from not maintaining your car properly.The "Mat Salleh", Brandon, who is also the owner is paying a lot of attention into his work and no funny business. He also likes to explain to customer what are the cause of engine failure and so... well, guys, get your car threated properly! Don't always blame on the car manufacturer! Preventing is better then Sorry!Cheers,TK

haiyo....my dad doesnt want to buy e30 coz its old n parts are hard to find.Does part for e30 hard to find? Come on guys...racun me!!!!

Been there.

They only know and can do the normal maintanence services ie oil change, transmission flush, brake flush, etc.

I would be careful about any other stuff as they don't exactly do BMWs for a living. From what I know, they only specialize in normal routine services such as oil changes, transmission flushes, etc.

To perform a full fluid service for our cars including all the oils used, be prepared to bring in at leat RM1.5k.

They also have an Ecotec Air Cond Diagnostic Computer & Machine similiar to what AB and Cartrade has to diagnose the a/c system properly rather than conventional shops doing a rip your dashboard out-guess-and-do work style.

Hey brandon, welcome on board... Really appreciate some professional view from you. I have been to your shop couple of weeks back where you have clean my injectors and also decarb my engine. Really happy about the work except it was a bit slow...
BTW, really impressed by the cleaniless of your workshop. Best I have seen so far. :eek:k:

Originally posted by vincent@Dec 2 2005, 05:50 PM
kust wanna ask how much you spend for all that service ?tq.
Hi Dude!

The bill came out around RM 1300 by using synthetic oil. It is all depends what type of oil you prefer to use for the flushing.

TK

Originally posted by MohdRidhwan@Dec 2 2005, 08:26 PM
haiyo....my dad doesnt want to buy e30 coz its old n parts are hard to find.Does part for e30 hard to find? Come on guys...racun me!!!!
Hi Dude!

The E30 is one of the long lasting classic of BMW. But in Malaysia, you will need to be careful if buying one because here are the following problems you will face:-

1. Cracks on your dashboard.
2. Rusting.
3. Overheating.
4. Gear box.

For for a younger model somewhere in 1999, they have been improved and updated based on the errors from the previouse part. Other then that, it is a fun car to drive and the spare parts are easy to look for it, if you know where to look for.

Cheers,
Teekay

Hi Autochild,

Do you guys have the equipment for E90's since they are still new in the market?

Originally posted by MohdRidhwan@Dec 2 2005, 07:26 AM
hey dude,e30 parts are relatively easier to find thn the later model 3'ers.
wht does ur dad want brand new???radiator?lights?parts?evrything got lah.... :nyehehe:
if dont hav do u think u will see so many e30's being DRIVEN on the road? ;)
frm simple things like the inside door handles to new aprts its a cinge to find!
all these shops have ample new parts.....
1)1st division
2)munich auto
3)bavarian auto
4)orto jaya
5)stuttgart

shall i add more??? ;)
and i havnt evn started on the chop shop lists yet! :nyehehe:

just gotta make sure tht the e30 tht u buy is galvanised(1988 onwards) and tht the car has a thorough servive history and the mileage is ok.

there r many e30 sifus in the forum so whn u go e30 hunting,dont hesitate to inform thm and i am sure they will b glad to help u choose the right one.

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by Autochild@Dec 2 2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks all who have dropped by and given us a chance to lay a little TLC on your rides. I have developed a serious liken to Beemers after having had the chance to work on so many.

And it is true we do speacilize in maintenance services, but this covers nearly eavery major system in a car .. for Beemers we have specific Differential oils, LSD additives.. Pipercross filters.. Synthetic ATFs, adapters and fittings and whatnot.. we also have a scanner system that is very complete for the BMW vehicle range.

Though we do every car type and model, please don't underestimate our knowledge of BMW's.. they represent a fair amount of the overall business we do.. we don't do major mechnanical replacment.. for that you would need a BMW only workshop with the right tools and experience .. our aim is to help you avoid that situation (of needing to replace parts).

ANyhow.. again thanks and hope to see you sometime even if just to drop by and say hay.

Peace,
Autochild

info@autochild.com
hi brandon.....
welcome to the club.

just a quick question,how much do u charge for an e30?say for a very basic engine flush?

do leave me a pm.....many thx

rgds,
-brad-

tyke,
he said maintanence expensive...its a bmw, maybe a bit more expensive than local cars.
I showed my dad the bavarian something at kayu ara there..he said there's a workshop in kg.melayu subang..i said to myself "he sure knows alot of workshop than i do,then why he said parts r hard to find?"
My dad has a mercs, he hardly use it..even once a month.
Like u said, there still is e30s out on the roads. If my dad wont buy e30, i guess satria gti then :(

Top Bottom