Coolant

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SBB

Club Guest
Hi All,Does anyone knows how often we need to top up coolent (measured in KM/months etc) and how many bottles required per top ups?Thanks

Tak pernah top up pun but every 3day i will check the coolant level

What I meant was the white coolent that need to top up.....not water....tu seminggu pun take isi still okey.

I'm using toyota coolant long live..tak pernah tukar almost 2 years..hehehe

My mechanic advise me not to use coolant. So far the car is ok without coolant.

Hmmm, my mechanic at M1 recommends not to use BMW coolant due to it's antifreeze properties (only for colder climates). It tends to clog up the radiator over time. However, like bro Mtigo above I also use Toyota Long Life coolant as it helps increase the boiling point of water without the pressure build up. This helps cooling more effectively. In addition to that, the coolant (with proper ratio) is also supposed to help prevent corrosion.

try use mineral water without coolant(dont mix with pipe water),so far my car running very good for 3 years.:rock:

Bro, actually not mineral water bro! The best coolant is RO water or distill water!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ravenol coolant is the best as it bring down 10c from just using RO water. But I don't know where to buy them, got mine from my workshop hence rm50 per bottle.

Ya water alone wont help. The coolant additive basically have a lubrication element for the water pump mechanical seal. Water pump with coolant will last longer.

Good info AS. Thank you for sharing.:top:

take note that coolant is an absolute must due to the fact that our rads are aluminum ya...needs the anti rust props of coolant ...

besides this coolant also helps identify leaks as it leaves streaks of white residue at location where it tends to leak :)

Top Bottom