Coolant Warning

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kvdavies

Club Guest
Coolant warning flashed few days ago. The message warned of "severe engine damage" if not attended to. Car is almost exactly a year old. Had to top up 1.5 cans of shell coolant. Reservoir Seemed almost empty. Am sending it in for 10k mileage service next week just to be sure. Just wondering if anyone's had a similar experience? FYI, had the same problem the first few months of ownership with my E90. But no issues after that.

your cooling system might have a leak somewhere if the warning light flash again, might be the radiator, get it check asap if the warning light on again, :)

malcolmc;692171 said:
your cooling system might have a leak somewhere if the warning light flash again, might be the radiator, get it check asap if the warning light on again, :)

Have sent it in this morning. Awaiting the verdict from AB KL. Was stuck in traffic this morning and the temp needle almost hit the midpoint of the gauge. Where are your needles at for an average 30 min drive? I didnt pay attention before, but am curious now.

don't worry, mine is 520d, the engine temp needle usually stays at the middle...

Actually the temperature shown is the engine oil temperature. When my 520d was new, the temperature rises quite fast from cold. Now nearing 10k, it rises slowly from cold, like old man la hehehe

the gauge is for oil pressure, usually is just below middle if cruising and in middle during jam, if it's above middle that means ur oil temp is a lil high=coolant might not circulate the engine properly, regards :)

malcolmc;693359 said:
the gauge is for oil pressure, usually is just below middle if cruising and in middle during jam, if it's above middle that means ur oil temp is a lil high=coolant might not circulate the engine properly, regards :)

True enough, radiator was busted. Had to be replaced. Luckily they had stock. All sorted within a day and claimed under warranty. AB KL are surprised with the radiator leaking so early on and is sending to BMW MY for checking. Not hoping for much there...

kvdavies;693559 said:
True enough, radiator was busted. Had to be replaced. Luckily they had stock. All sorted within a day and claimed under warranty. AB KL are surprised with the radiator leaking so early on and is sending to BMW MY for checking. Not hoping for much there...

your car model year age and mileage please. Getting worried.

kvdavies;692080 said:
Coolant warning flashed few days ago. The message warned of "severe engine damage" if not attended to. Car is almost exactly a year old. Had to top up 1.5 cans of shell coolant. Reservoir Seemed almost empty. Am sending it in for 10k mileage service next week just to be sure. Just wondering if anyone's had a similar experience? FYI, had the same problem the first few months of ownership with my E90. But no issues after that.

Mine also currently in the workshop. Leaking radiator, engine oil leaking, gasket to replace. Only a year old, so many problems.

So far I've had to replace rear absorbers n radiator. Notwithstanding that it's still a joy to drive. Would not have done any different even if could go back in time :)

ya it is a great car only hope that it has lesser "Banyak Masuk Workshop" mode or mood.

Top Bottom