Coolant leakage

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

NekoRacing

Club Guest
Hi people,The car is 1 week old later. Earlier when I was in the shopping mall, I saw clear water drops on the ground and when I came back I saw coolant leakage on the ground.Is this normal? or should I bring it to the service center.Btw any good places to bring the car for a good wash?

If it's clear water, it's aircon condensation, not coolant. Check your coolant expansion tank. If the level is going down, you definitely have to get the leak fixed.

Not easy to check the water level because you need to read from the floater, unlike Japanese cars. Not easy to open the expansion tank cap because very tight.

If coolant level drop to certain level, OBC will give u alarm.. :D

How do u know its coolant on the floor? Blue color?

If the spot is under firewall, surely its aircond condensation discharge. If water spot is under front bumper, can be coolant if it's blue color or it can be water trap on the bottom tray, collected after a car wash or drive in heavy rain.

Good point - just trust the OBC to warn you if coolant low. Same with oil - no dipstick required, correct? :D

Seems like OBC is everything in our E90s...... as some would put it, like "aunty" when the lights/sounds come on.

* No offense to real aunties here. :p

Oh ya! I trusted the OBC so much, till I didn't check my tyre pressure for more than a year! :eek:

"Btw any good places to bring the car for a good wash?"

Neko, I recommend Raydiance opposite Sunway Piramid. Lots of RX7 & 8 club members there. They use Meguiars products. Btw I'm going there today!

Top Bottom