Coins and Lighter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

willy5

Club Guest
For those who use the ashtray in front as a coin box and use the lighter socket to plug in your phone charger. Just make sure that the coins do not fall into the lighter socket. This will blow the fuse, no big deal, but to replace the fuse is a pain. You need to go to the boot, remove the floor board, the fuse box and fuse diagram is there. You need the fuse diagram to figure out which fuse goes to supplies the socket. It is really stupid, does not show clearly what is what, they use diagrams instead of words like in the old days. Then you need to go to the engine compartment, there is another fuse box there, remove a cowling on the rear left hand side, check each fuse to see which one is blown, and discover that there are no spare fuses provided in this box. Or go to the service center to replace it.Either way it is a pain.BMW engineers, sigh.....

You mean you have to change 2 fuses, one in the boot and another in the engine compartment? I normally charge my phone using the USB port and not the cigarette lighter socket, I am safe.

The fuse is in the fuse box in the engine compartment. The diagram for the fuses is in the fusebox boot. It is a miserable piece of paper, that is almost useless in providing information.

I feel your pain bro. I was rummaging the boot and also the front left side engine compartment to figure out whether my cigarette lighter light ring blew out or not. Couldnt remember whether there the cig lighter is lit or not at night. Have left it for now since i didnt have the tool to tweeze out the fuses.

And yes the symbol used for a cigarette lighter is really non descriptive (to put it mildly) on the guide. Actually Its the one that has a " circle" with an arrow through it and a plus and minus sign on each side. The symbol is more of a "connector" than a cig lighter. For the F30 i think theres 3 fuses for these since there are a couple of power connectors in the car...

Bruce_Z;797016 said:
I feel your pain bro. I was rummaging the boot and also the front left side engine compartment to figure out whether my cigarette lighter light ring blew out or not. Couldnt remember whether there the cig lighter is lit or not at night. Have left it for now since i didnt have the tool to tweeze out the fuses.

And yes the symbol used for a cigarette lighter is really non descriptive (to put it mildly) on the guide. Actually Its the one that has a " circle" with an arrow through it and a plus and minus sign on each side. The symbol is more of a "connector" than a cig lighter. For the F30 i think theres 3 fuses for these since there are a couple of power connectors in the car...

Haha..well I got mine fixed. The tweezers are in the boot, in the cheap skate fuse box (because it has no cover)under the floor board, red in color if remember correctly. These are 30 amp fuses.

Top Bottom