Cleaning Engine Bay.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

popeadrian

Club Guest
Anyone know how its done? Or better still, been doing this themselves? Got some advice that it must be done with the car is cold and that all it takes is to spray "anti-grease" and use the power-waterspray jet to remove the grime etc. Anyone know where/what "brand" of this "anti-grease"/grease remover to buy? Advice needed and much appreaciated! :yes:

Originally posted by popeadrian@May 16 2006, 11:23 AM
Anyone know how its done? Or better still, been doing this themselves? Got some advice that it must be done with the car is cold and that all it takes is to spray "anti-grease" and use the power-waterspray jet to remove the grime etc.

Anyone know where/what "brand" of this "anti-grease"/grease remover to buy?

Advice needed and much appreaciated!

:yes:
Since all the wiring system is at the engine bay, we done want to messed up with the engine bay

Get your car to carnauba autospa and get them wash

I think spraying with a jet spray is a no-no! Asked the car wash fellow once how they do it - they said no way! They'll only wipe exposed parts with a damp cloth and spray de-greaser where necessary!

Can we use WD40?

As the engine bay is "Complicated", I would suggest u just use a wet cloth instead. :D

Hi adrian,

I heard that using a high pressure hose is a "No-No" as the water pressure may enter the wiring contact point due to the fact that our car is no longer new and that the water retention sleeves may give way :yahoo: . When sending your car to your mechanic, get them to clean the engine. If anything goes wrong, your mech is there as well.

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@May 16 2006, 11:29 AM
I think spraying with a jet spray is a no-no! Asked the car wash fellow once how they do it - they said no way! They'll only wipe exposed parts with a damp cloth and spray de-greaser where necessary!

Can we use WD40?
i guess u r right, i clean it myself with toothbrush & watercolour paint brush (use for area that is difficult to reach or small size area). Bigger area clean like usual with cloth + plastic/rubber cleaner. Dip the toothbrush or paint brush into engine degreaser (spray it into a small container then dip the brush inside) and brush the oily area. good result for me so far

Aiyo yo..a big no no to spray yr engine with jet spray...you make sure your airflow meter & sensor not kena the water as you can see the the wiring sleeve are pretty expose..later on you hv deep problem with the idling....There are a specific can spray for engine compartment cleaning & preety effective too..it is from Polyglaze...spray it on the compartment & wait for abt 30 sec - 1min then wipe it the damp cloth...better don't use WD-40 no doubts it is effective but it will leave yellowish stain once it dry.....once you done, use something like amour all to polish it till shining... :D

If using spray can degreasers, avoid spraying at rubber hoses or else in long term they will crack. It is better to use water base degreasers, and avoid spraying jet water instead slow rinsing off the degreaser and dirt. Avoid spraying water at distributors, plug coils, air flow meter and throttle body especially at the connections. Just wipe this area with damp cloth soaked with degreaser(water base). I have been washing my engine bay every 2 weeks in a month. Using WD40 are good at stubborn surfaces, uses paint brush to clean off this but quickly spray water base degreaser or household detergent and rinse off.

y not we find a place bawah pokok and clean our engine all together, muhahahaha :D

Originally posted by Mouse@May 16 2006, 05:29 AM
y not we find a place bawah pokok and clean our engine all together, muhahahaha :D
yup that's a good idea ?? WHEN ??

caranuba spa ? Where is that and how much it cost for an engine wash and shine ??

only send my car to my mech to clean up the engine bay....they got the service.....very impressive result.....and if nythin unexpected happen...no need to worry ....peace in mind. :D .coz i experieced once...cleaned it at carwash....hv to drove the car to w'syop even the car was 'semput'... :D

Originally posted by ICEMAN 13@May 16 2006, 10:22 PM
[
caranuba spa ? Where is that and how much it cost for an engine wash and shine ??
they have two shops (in my memory and I have never visited them, I very seldom have my car washed :ph34r:) one in glemarie and another one at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, KL (that day go AMBANK and saw one at the junction into Jalan Yap Kwan Seng) but from stories heard from friends that visit, their service is good but not cheap.

I think ACS hav paid them a visit already...I think he will know better on the picing.

Top Bottom