Classically M3 , this is awesome !

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tzhao

Club Guest
Article from 1988 BMW M3 V10 projectBefore >>
2929437_3_full.jpg
2929437_1_full.jpg
2929437_2_full.jpg
Body was acid dipped to remove all paint and glue leaving us with a bare metal tub to work with. Unfortunately a poor job was done and will later be cleaned up.
2929437_7_full.jpg
:top:All new parts arrived from BMW including all E90 (2007 3 series) subframes, suspension, rear end, Moton shocks and Brembo Gran Turismo big brake kit with 15" rotors. Last but not least the new M5 V10 engine power plant with transmission/differential and components.
2929437_8_full.jpg
2929437_9_full.jpg
2929437_30_full.jpg
2929437_17_full.jpg
Chassis build contd. Engine fitment
2929437_20_full.jpg
Once the motor was fitted and MORE measurements where taken the body was removed once again to remove the motor. The body was then placed back onto the chassis to weld in the permanent frame rails fabricated to fit the E90 sub-frames.
2929437_27_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/2929000-2929999/2929437_39_full.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/2929000-2929999/2929437_49_full.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/2929000-2929999/2929437_54_full.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/2929000-2929999/2929437_62_full.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/2929000-2929999/2929437_74_full.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/2929000-2929999/2929437_82_full.jpg:top: Read the article at 1988 BMW M3 V10 project

I think with the amount of money spent, he could as well buy a new E90 M5 V10.

Well, to him it's definitely not the money... It's the passion. And he might be the only one in the world who managed to squeeze that highly electronically riddled V10 into another car...

maxkpp;352898 said:

With the money you spend on "E90 M5", you are still slower in corner.
Power-to-Weight ratio, V10 in E30 is far more superior

Right on the money fabianyee, it's the passion that drives him and some of us here. He could end up with a lemon when it's done or he could end up with one serious machine. The E30 M3 is acknowledged as being the best handling M series car and in fact outstrips even the current iteration (it's great grandson ?) but with the power arms race is lacking in the trouser department when decked against what's out there now. This guys decision to do this has got to be passion (raw high octane racing fuel in his veins obviously :) to combine that chassis with has been acknowledged as the current best production engine out there. I for one will live vicariously through his experience and because of guys like him will enjoy that thrill (cheap in every sense of the word ;) for as long as someone takes the trouble to mod/pimp their rides...

cheers,
Kris

p.s. He's not doing this in half measures or just with raw cash either. The attention to detail is amazing from not just the acid dip but the fact he's cut out the existing rear wheel arch blisters instead of just tacking on new ones when widening the chassis.....

The guy shud be taken out back and shot! No doubt they have the engineering proficiency to realize this project but would the car be drivable? I think not!

To take one of the purest driving machine and turn it into an ego trip is real sad.

kevster30;417680 said:
The guy shud be taken out back and shot! No doubt they have the engineering proficiency to realize this project but would the car be drivable? I think not!

To take one of the purest driving machine and turn it into an ego trip is real sad.
No offense to the founding member, great job done for the site.

However, don't criticize others project when you have not seen the final results. This project might be fun, but installation is supposed to be the easiest part, but tuning the car to a drivable form is definitely not a job for everyone. You don't think the owner did his share of research/verification before spending the $$$ as seen? Even though he might fail (though not very likely), I salute him for tackling such project and I'm sure you'll see it in one of Bimmer magazine when completed. I don't see this as an ego issue but a challenge to blend new technologies to an old chassis. Having spent some time in the States before returning, I know such feat is nothing as compared to what some real car nuts have done to their machines, and you just have to see them personally to believe. The sad thing is NOT to take on such project if one has the $$$ and resources to do so.

My bad for not introducing myself first. My bad for not introducing myself. Name is Kevin and I'm from Ipoh, used to own a few Bimmers in US but taking a break now for other priorities, will get one again real soon.

maxkpp;352898 said:

You can't possibly compare one of the legendry cars in motor sport's history with over weight, over complicated machine like e90 m5.
Fact that he spent that amount of money into that m3 is what separate an enthusiast from a materialistic, strereotype pricks.
Newer is not always the best. I would take e30 m3 over any of the newer M versions BMW makes, on any given day.

V10M5 engine in an E30 ought to provide real engineering challenges to ensure car is driveable. weight distribution, traction, power delivery etc. etc. we're looking at power to weight ratio that would shame even the hottest of ferraris and porsches, altho nowhere near GP cars..

SaWMan;417829 said:
No offense to the founding member, great job done for the site.

However, don't criticize others project when you have not seen the final results. This project might be fun, but installation is supposed to be the easiest part, but tuning the car to a drivable form is definitely not a job for everyone. You don't think the owner did his share of research/verification before spending the $$$ as seen? Even though he might fail (though not very likely), I salute him for tackling such project and I'm sure you'll see it in one of Bimmer magazine when completed. I don't see this as an ego issue but a challenge to blend new technologies to an old chassis. Having spent some time in the States before returning, I know such feat is nothing as compared to what some real car nuts have done to their machines, and you just have to see them personally to believe. The sad thing is NOT to take on such project if one has the $$$ and resources to do so.

My bad for not introducing myself first. My bad for not introducing myself. Name is Kevin and I'm from Ipoh, used to own a few Bimmers in US but taking a break now for other priorities, will get one again real soon.

true, i think its completed, and ready to run. top notch work :top:

m3-69.jpg

m3-72.jpg

m3-77.jpg

OMG! Those are all E90 sub frames!! :eek:

I'm sure this baby will end up in the car auction and fetch a pretty decent price. I'm not surprise if it can fetch a higher price than an E90 M3.

astroboy;451131 said:
OMG! Those are all E90 sub frames!! :eek:

guy appears to know what he's doing. i'm sure it's not just modern hardware that's being used extensively, but substantial software too.

Omg!!!!

For that amount of Money spent on a major make over........the owner should have just bought a new M3........but nevertheless, there are freaks like that out there........long live Bimmer dudes......!!!!:stupid::top::top:

Top Bottom