Chrome Rim vs Normal Rim

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jin109

Club Guest
Hi Friends,Im using a normal rim as below (picture) and plan to change to the M3 (09) chrome rim.But 1 of my friend tell me chrome is not tht good ~ compare to normal silver rim,need some advice should i go on with chrome ? or is tht really chrome are not good compare to normal rim ?1st picture is what im using ...2nd is the 1 i plan to change !!!Im looking for some1 for swap rim also ~ any1 interested pls give me a call or sms,Thanks for advice :)Jin 017-212 3812

it's not chrome on steel finish... it's a alloy rims with chrome satin effect...

can be used.. it's either original or replica... your choice..

pussy;523418 said:
it's not chrome on steel finish... it's a alloy rims with chrome satin effect....

First part u got it right, 2nd part I dunno what u talking about.

That's not chrome for sure and try to avoid chrome rims if u ask me because the chrome layer very easy to chip off.

The one shown is actually a polished alloy rim with metal finishing coated with clear coat. Meaning all our OEM silver rims can be sent for polishing to achieve the same result. No need to replace rim.

silver looks solid and macho.......chrome looks nice and smart......

go for chrome if you want look classic.......... silver for who lazy to wash ..........

thanks for all ur advice ~ i think i'll stick to what i have ~ easy to take care :)

you make the right choice bro........and save money for tt.....he hee....

chrome rim on the bimmer NOT so nice......better stay 4 silver rims... dont create urself like AH BENG...my 2 cents opinion only

Well, I've seen this E60 530i in Platinum Bronze Metallic with the exact chrome rims you shown there. It really does match the car well but in your case, I recommend you to stay with the Silver rims ;)

Easy to say, it pretty much depends on the colour of your car mate.

generally, ppl say no to chrome rims is because:
1. if u are abt performance, the chrome rims are heavier because of the metalic compounds
2. if u scratch them or they chip off, good luck in fixing it coz its not cheap to rechrome the,
3. if these are taiwan rims, the chrome may peel off.

personally, i love big staggered chrome rims.

these are the cons of it. but dont let that put u down. you could on the other hand, look for polished rims, its not as bling as chrome, but its nice too

Top Bottom