choking engine E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sclim

Club Guest
Hello guys,Had problems starting my car last night after work. Car started, idle normal at first... then started choking. Idle very erratic, then engine died choking. Start again, this time pressing gas pedal... does not respond properly to gas pedal, even when pedal is down to floor rev is still erratic and does not reach beyond 3000 rpm. Called mechanic, he suspect air flow mixture/some hose leakage or something.This morning called tow truck to bring to mechanic. Will see what happens later.SC

E30 M40?
Sounds like the same problem I had... Apparently there is 5000 different things it could be.. took 3 different mechanics 3 days before I got my answer off the forum here.. in my case it turned out to be the Cam (M40 bad habit of that)
but could also be AFM playing up(also common)

Guess what. After paying RM 180 to tow the car from LCCT to PJ, and alot of worrying. The cause of the problem was 1 faulty sparkplug!!!

There goes part of the savings to do a top overhaul and change hydraulic tappets for my baby.

SC

sclim;254936 said:
Guess what. After paying RM 180 to tow the car from LCCT to PJ, and alot of worrying. The cause of the problem was 1 faulty sparkplug!!!

There goes part of the savings to do a top overhaul and change hydraulic tappets for my baby.

SC

I had the same problem and at home all fine but night started the car it chock the next day bought plugs and change all fine and I never had this xpreance as normally when sent for service they say change plugs I did but for some time I told them not to touch until you are told. I will never drive the car out if with problem after change it goes smooth then I dare to drive out.

Same problem

sclim;254562 said:
Hello guys,

Had problems starting my car last night after work. Car started, idle normal at first... then started choking. Idle very erratic, then engine died choking. Start again, this time pressing gas pedal... does not respond properly to gas pedal, even when pedal is down to floor rev is still erratic and does not reach beyond 3000 rpm. Called mechanic, he suspect air flow mixture/some hose leakage or something.

This morning called tow truck to bring to mechanic. Will see what happens later.

SC

I had the same actual situation like you bro... during i'm drivin in jalan duta towards KL. Then i decided to pusing back to home and guess wat ?? the car was drink petrol like "yam sing" beer... mannn. :stupid:

Next day morning start the car still the same but i changed all the air flow hose before so my mechanic told me to check on the AFM.... there it was... the AFM sensor was givin me the problem. After cleanup the connector and plug in back... problem solve....:cool:

Top Bottom