Check Engine light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ADAM MF

Club Guest
Hello all friend..I have had this problem since 2 months ago, it comes and go (intermittent).. but recently after I send the car for service, the mechanic managed to clear the fault tru diagnosis tools and no error found from the test. but after few hundreds KM the check engine light appears again.. and this time stays ON permanently.need some advise pls...E60 525i - 2005Mileage = 50K ++

Just to share with others...

finally my problem solved.. the RON 95 of Shell and Petronas was the culprit... but never try on their RON 97.. (will give a try and update here soon)

after 1 full tank RON 97 of Caltex and 1 full tank RON 95 of caltex.. the "check engine light" is gone forever...

hmmm....the two culprits are my favourite one..uwaaaaa...car will be out next week...

Have been using Shell RON95 and RON97 for my 530....so far no such problems. How long did it take you using that petrol before problem came up? Or was it just a coincidence? If you tried the Shell now, problem would come back immediately?

And I also do not face any problem with Shell RON95 either :D as a matter of fact, I have been using this fuel ever since our govt introduced it :top:

alxy;532498 said:
Have been using Shell RON95 and RON97 for my 530....so far no such problems. How long did it take you using that petrol before problem came up? Or was it just a coincidence? If you tried the Shell now, problem would come back immediately?

after the 2nd full tank with shell RON95....

haven't try the shell RON95 yet after the problem gone, I am still analyze the issue.. will post an update here once I have more info..

thule;532527 said:
And I also do not face any problem with Shell RON95 either :D as a matter of fact, I have been using this fuel ever since our govt introduced it :top:

did you mix between 95 and 97?

Guys....I also having the same problem .FYI i am driving E46 318ci .The light has been there for few months . Last week after bring my car to my mech and he managed to find out that 1 of the water hose at the back of the engine is leaking an the air got mixed with the water. After replaced all the hoses the light is gone. BUT.....after drive for few days the problem is back again. Will bring to the mech again this weekend.

hehe.... my friends bambu me.. say i drive e60 like orang kaya but pump ron95... hehe.. so far so good la.. haven face such problems yet... mileage on 45k...

alxy;533846 said:
For me, yes I do mix, but ratio more towards 97, i.e. 70%:30% 97-95

yeah, I should do the same also.... but so far is ok after I switched to 100% BP and Caltex

attenbrough;533855 said:
hehe.... my friends bambu me.. say i drive e60 like orang kaya but pump ron95... hehe.. so far so good la.. haven face such problems yet... mileage on 45k...

Lucky you.. but from the owner manual it's indicate the minumum RON is 95 or AKI 91, so should be no problem...

maybe some members who are in oil industries can explain more about this...

Top Bottom