Change rim - void warranty

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RC523

Club Guest
Dear all,I am thinking of changing my 16' rim to a 18' M-Sports rim. Will this affect my warranty.Appreciate if someone can comment on this.Cheers!!!

It won't void the warranty. I have changed mine and I'm sure a lot of others have also changed theirs. Afterall there is no warranty on rims or tyres. So changing your rims will not void the warranty from AB.

Thanks David,

According to AB, it will make claiming for related parts i.e. suspension, absorber, etc more difficult and BMW will find all ways to not approve the claim citing reasons such as "it's bcos of your rims that's why the absorber is kaput"

Are they BSting me?

Cheers!

David,

Did you change an 18' or 19'? Did you feel a drastic lost in power/responsiveness?

Is your a 523?

Cheers!!

Keep your standard 16" with u. If there is need to claim warranty on suspension parts, just stick in back those 16".

RC523;221164 said:
David,

Did you change an 18' or 19'? Did you feel a drastic lost in power/responsiveness?

Is your a 523?

Cheers!!

bro,

my friend 523 have change to M5 19" and there were some power to be lost. i think u cant even sell your 16" rim cause no demand for that design, as suggest by kevinp you better keep it for your warranty purpose.

Cheers !!!

Mine is not a 523. Me no money to buy a 523 larr..... :(

Mine is an E90 325i and I have changed it from stock 17" to 18". I changed it outside. No power lost for my case as it's just an upgrade by 1 inch & aftreall the new version of 325i sports edition with the same specs like my standard 325i is originally with 18" rims :)

Don't bother much with what AB tells you. Obviously they would prefer you to buy and change the rims from them. However they are right too as they like to use excuses to void warranty especially when they find out you are modifying or changing something which is not done by them.

Like what kelvinp said, just keep your original 16" rims just in case you need it for warranty purpose. It is just a little bit of troublesome to keep 4 pcs of rims at home.

By the way, it is not advisable to change your 523i from 16" to 19". U will sustain huge power lost. It's already originally not powerful (only 177 hp) and yet you go and get 19" on it.... unless you dun mind the performance and prefer better look than performance.

David Yong;221199 said:
By the way, it is not advisable to change your 523i from 16" to 19". U will sustain huge power lost. It's already originally not powerful (only 177 hp) and yet you go and get 19" on it.... unless you dun mind the performance and prefer better look than performance.
yes, coz from what i understand, tyre upgrade is always recommended to 2" extra only and not up to 3" (example upgrading from 16" to 18" is ok but not 19") but i know alot of people that upgrade 3" extra and say no problem

Thanks guys.

Spotted someone from BMW Singapore Club selling his 18' M Sports for SGD2600. It's cost be easily RM 16k in Malaysia.

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom