Car storage porcedures?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

325xi

Club Guest
I have a planned vacations for two months and want to know how to store my car properly. I have the following questions in my head:-Should I disconnect the battery? How?-If I disconnect the battery, how do I lock my car?-Should I engaged the hand-brake?-How about windows? Should I leave a small opening so the air can circulate.-Anything to do with the tyres?-Alarm ON/OFF?please give your comments and views. Thanks!

Should I disconnect the battery? Not required

-Should I engaged the hand-brake? Yes

-How about windows? Should I leave a small opening so the air can circulate. No..unless your planning to leave your pets inside

-Anything to do with the tyres? Fully inflated

-Alarm ON/OFF? ON

2 mths?!! wat kinda holz is dat? :( :cry:

dude, u need someone to run yer engine once in awhile :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Kahar:
I didn't take any leaves last year, that's why I have the 2 months holiday :yes:
I don't want to let anybody run the engine, because I don't want my neighbor to have a joy-ride in my car :(

I just went through the owners manual and it says the battery need to be removed if the car is left for more than 3 months! Plus other maintenance services need to be done.

Anyway, I will call them to confirm for 2 months period.

thanks!

My thoughts:

-Should I disconnect the battery? How?

No. But if your batt is already 4+ years old, be prepared to change your batt when you get back. YMMV.

-If I disconnect the battery, how do I lock my car?

With the key.

-Should I engaged the hand-brake?

If your car is level then its optional (there is no difference, you car isnt going anywhere). If your car is on a slope then yes of course its a must.

-How about windows? Should I leave a small opening so the air can circulate.

No. I dont like the idea of mosquitoes, spiders or cockroach crawling in.

-Anything to do with the tyres?

Overinflate a little to prevent flat spots.

-Alarm ON/OFF?

OFF. You dont want your batt flat by the time you come back. But if you live in a bad neighbourhood then better to have it ON.

Should I disconnect the battery? How? You Should or else your batt will flat
-If I disconnect the battery, how do I lock my car? Lock Manually+ Use Sterring Lock
-Should I engaged the hand-brake? Yup, you should
-How about windows? Should I leave a small opening so the air can circulate. If you park under the sun you should let the window open a bit to let the heat out.(But raining is the prob)
-Anything to do with the tyres? (let it be)
-Alarm ON/OFF? No alarm if the batt is disconnect..

Or perhaps let any of your relative to take care of it when u r away.....

is better to have a relative or trusted fren to take care ...two months is very long. you need to consider like bird droppings (oso happen in a covered porsh), then paintwork even more headache.

Top Bottom