Car Painting in Kuching

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

canon

Club Guest
Gidday All,I have just purchased an E30 in KL and am in the process of shipping it to Kuching - once it arrives I hope to be able to contribute more to the forums, certainly in the my ride section.The car will need to be resprayed and I have chosen Alpine White for the colour.I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good painter in Kuching, with perhaps a rough estimate of the cost?Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Canon

welcome bro, cant wait to see another nice e30 on the road!
try SIM ENG HOCK, next to Mega Benz (pending), they do a really good job, workmenship is tip top, no worries there. an external paint job arnd rm1.8-2.2K. for a full job probably its RM5K as solo mentioned :)

canon;518067 said:
Gidday All,

I have just purchased an E30 in KL and am in the process of shipping it to Kuching - once it arrives I hope to be able to contribute more to the forums, certainly in the my ride section.

The car will need to be resprayed and I have chosen Alpine White for the colour.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good painter in Kuching, with perhaps a rough estimate of the cost?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Canon

Bro,

I think it's cheaper if you paint it in KL. Take a look at this thread http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34284

Salut

e30 aint easy to paint ...with the rust issues ...you may need a good painter to transform it to a spectacular ride ...

pay a little more and you'll be ever happy , but pls check your bodywork 1st ...if there is sign of rust ....then get ready for a bigger hole in the wallet ...

all the best

Gidday Fellas,

Thank you all for taking the time to answer - it is much appreciated.

The KL option as is a substantial saving, but I won't be able to take it back if there is an issue with the paint, and I can't inspect it at the shop (plus I'm worried about the paint in transit on the shipping over). I thought it might be cheaper in KL, but I didn't know it woudl be that much cheaper, hmmmm.

The recommendation for SIM ENG HOCK is gratefully received - I will check it out once the car lands here.

I hear what Iceman is saying about the rust; I suppose that is the danger of buying a 25 year old car!

Thank you again for the replies.

Canon

canon;518265 said:
Gidday Fellas,

Thank you all for taking the time to answer - it is much appreciated.

. I thought it might be cheaper in KL, but I didn't know it woudl be that much cheaper, hmmmm.

Canon

not exactly as when rust comes into play you may end up more than 5K and you may require an extreme makeover even if it's in KL ......

canon;518067 said:
Gidday All,

I have just purchased an E30 in KL and am in the process of shipping it to Kuching - once it arrives I hope to be able to contribute more to the forums, certainly in the my ride section.

The car will need to be resprayed and I have chosen Alpine White for the colour.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good painter in Kuching, with perhaps a rough estimate of the cost?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Canon

Aiya, didnt early early say. Buy over my E30 in Kch then respray mah. Even less hassle. Cabutz! hehe

chairoger;518285 said:
Aiya, didnt early early say. Buy over my E30 in Kch then respray mah. Even less hassle. Cabutz! hehe

You throw in your Beru plugs to sweeten the deal lar...

Salut

Can. Even throw in brand new suspension bushes and shocks + a set of original rims + tyres. Sui bor? :cool:

chairoger;518363 said:
Can. Even throw in brand new suspension bushes and shocks + a set of original rims + tyres. Sui bor? :cool:

Wah lau at this rate, I'll even sell my backside to buy your car man. Must start going to Abell Rd

Salut

Well..his car needs more than just suspension and tyres..cos its powered by a jap heart...of twin turbo..dun pray pray!

jumpman;518491 said:
Well..his car needs more than just suspension and tyres..cos its powered by a jap heart...of twin turbo..dun pray pray!

Wah hybrid ka? German body with the heart of Godzilla. Very dangerous to meet on the road.

Salut

yeah man..let's organise a meetup soon. perhaps around late june ? i will be in kl until then.

jumpman;518524 said:
yeah man..let's organise a meetup soon. perhaps around late june ? i will be in kl until then.

Fantastic idea, long time didn't see a kopi-o session being arranged.

Salut

Late June, after 20th would suit me, as I will be OS until about 18th - I would like to meet some fellow afficiandos in Kuching.

Canon

Top Bottom