Car got broken into!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

muffinz

Club Guest
Hi fellas,Its a sad day for my 36 baby today as some idiot m%^#& F(*^% smashed my rear left door window to break into the car. Pieces of glass on my beautiful conditioned leather!!Garmin got stolen and those dumb f%&* that do not know how to open a e36 glove box just tore it open and now i need a new glove box.Need some pointers here. I want to get it replaced as soon as possible. Anyone can recommend any places? For my windowIts the small window on the rear left door. Would like to replace it with ori bmw glass or any other glass. Whats the difference? How much does it cost?For my gloveboxWhere can I source one and get it fixed by Monday? Arghh!MY POOR BABY!!!!Insurance might drag it too long and I'm planning to just replace it myself.

Thanks Vincent. That was fast. Albert from WP Auto for the window and glove box?

I'm in Damansara Heights, wonder if Optimum can do that for me. Now without my GPS I might have problems locating Albert's place.

Yes, he can do all those. Very careful guy but you need to show him the damage and let him have a bit of time to source for the 2nd hand part.

muffinz;472458 said:
Thanks Vincent. That was fast. Albert from WP Auto for the window and glove box?

I'm in Damansara Heights, wonder if Optimum can do that for me. Now without my GPS I might have problems locating Albert's place.

yes, the rear quarter glass is a very expensive glass and much more than the driver side, removing the gaskets is even more tedious and lots of work..

this should be done very carefully and unker vincent has point you the right person to do it...

aiyoyo... i wonder if it was the GPS that prompted the break-in. it used to be they were after smartags.

My GPS wasn't even out in the open. Not even a suction cup or smart tag holder in sight.

muffinz;472458 said:

bro,
Very sorry to hear about your mishap! Directions to WP Auto (Albert Fang 012-2017792, open from 9.30am and close Sunday) as follows,

If you are coming from Ampang on MRR2, go past the overhead bridge that turns to Pandan Indah/Pandan Mewah. About 300 meters, take the the left turning after the block of apartments. About 200 meters ahead you will approach a traffic lights. Steven's Corner will be on your far left while a Used Car lot & Balai Bomba will be on your right.

Thanks guys for all your pointers.

Went to Albert's place today. Had lunch next door and voila. Rear quarter glass is replaced. Friendly guy, great service, and also very familiar with the car. Not many places can get it done on such short notice especially on a Saturday.

Now since the latch on my glove box has broken into two pieces, and auto bavaria does not carry that part. It seems that I have to replace the whole glove box. Trying to source for one. Can't seem to find one online. Would appreciate some advise on this matter :)

Having a look at RealOEM.
Will try to give AB and BA to see if I can source the individual parts. Not cheap.

Thanks again!

muffinz;472529 said:
My GPS wasn't even out in the open. Not even a suction cup or smart tag holder in sight.

bro, i was told nowadays thieves are getting more sophisticated and high tech :listen:. they use an electronic device that has the ability to scan the perimeter and detect other electronics such as laptop, PDAs, GPS, smartphone, turbo timer, AFC, VAFC, RSM and all electronic gadgets you just name it. you doesn't have to leave it in the open, even if you put in the trunk they also can find it by using the device to scan..just sharing info bro

cheers..

Im sorry to hear about this bro. The device is called the sniffer and it can sniff anything that is powered by batt. Even the laptop, if you pull out the batt away still can be detected because of the CMOS batt. Sorry again bro.

Top Bottom