brake squeaking sound...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AC525

Club Guest
hi guys anyone has this problem of the brakes squeaking sound when slowing the car to a stop? i can hear it very clearly when i wind down the windows to touch my access card to the reader... fyi my brake pads and discs js changed by auto bavaria, forgotten to tell them when i sent my car in for service... have to wait for next service...

hmmm.. thats normal when pad and rotor are new but it should not last longer then 300km..

does it sounds like scratching a nail to a steel plate? My old car used to sound like that but everytime I tell my technician they didnt fix it......

Look at the rotor. If you have a deep grove on it. Then ...mucho problemos.

If you change the disk pad at AB. Then you should not have the problem.
Since you have this problem. do not wait until next service.Ask AB to check.

Cheers!

ok thanks ppl the noise started before the disc/pad change, and during service i forgot to mention to the service advisor as it is only audible when i wind down the window, hence the sound is still there... will ask them to rectify it during the next inspection due in 7000kms...

its the rear brakes wearing out... js noticed that they didnt change the rear brakes...

if u just replace d frt brakes n ur rr brakes r wearing out (>8000km to b replaced), it might squeek. if u still have BSI/BSRI package, ask ur SA 2 replace them both. it should solve ur prob.

yeah thanks will ask them to replace it next week... js changed to csc3 ssr runflats and did twice balancing and the steering still vibrates at above 100kmh... is it that the suspension(bushes, arms, absorbers) is starting to show signs of wearing out?

I have the same problem like you mention, I did sent my cars to AB many times in JB and they still can't fix it. Can you advice which branch of AB can help me to solve the above problem?

Top Bottom