Brake pad left with 20% but squealing noise started

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ContinentalGT

Official Member
Hi all, I drive BMW E90 LCI M Sport model. I serviced my car on November 2017 and during that time, my front brake pad worn warning has been triggering and the service centre helped me to reset it. Based on visual inspection, it is left with about 20%. Few days ago, i was coming down from a steep carpark in start stop traffic and i heard very loud squealing noise coming from my front right. Ever since that day, i can hear the squealing noise everytime i try to stop my car from about 20kmh. Is this normal?

When should i replace my brake pad? Should i wait until it is less than 5mm based on visual inspection or wait for a few weeks?

Guess it's about time to replace your brake pads. Have them changed as soon as you can or you might ruin your brake discs.

ContinentalGT said:
Hi all, I drive BMW E90 LCI M Sport model. I serviced my car on November 2017 and during that time, my front brake pad worn warning has been triggering and the service centre helped me to reset it. Based on visual inspection, it is left with about 20%. Few days ago, i was coming down from a steep carpark in start stop traffic and i heard very loud squealing noise coming from my front right. Ever since that day, i can hear the squealing noise everytime i try to stop my car from about 20kmh. Is this normal?

When should i replace my brake pad? Should i wait until it is less than 5mm based on visual inspection or wait for a few weeks?
My pads break due to replace according warning sign on idrive but it didn't sound noise even it still thick. If i want still to use it i must remove sensor but have to often checking by manually..

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

Nmr Nik Soh said:
My pads break due to replace according warning sign on idrive but it didn't sound noise even it still thick. If i want still to use it i must remove sensor but have to often checking by manually..

'brake'

After so many feedback and replies from many people in this forum and facebook group, i decided to give Textar a try since most of the people say it is very good, same with the original brake pad at a lower price without a BMW logo. However, it is NOT THE SAME. The braking power is so bad that feels like a Honda City, and i nearly killed myself when i was braking from 160km/h due to a kelisa cut into fast lane in the last minute. Not only that, I dont get the initial bite like the original brake pad anymore. Im going back to original pad probably in the next few months.

Top Bottom