Bong sound when turning key to postion 2 (on)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aidilj

Official Member
Hi E46 seniorsWhat is the bong sound when you turn the key to position 2 like in the video at 0:06? This doesn't happen all the time, the length of the sound varies. Is it trying to tell me something? Anybody else experienced this?[video=youtube;sntqr3v25Yw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sntqr3v25Yw[/video]Thanks

After 12 rewinds I can't hear anything but your loud music. Perhaps another video?

Salut

This is the correct video, perhaps your speaker can't produce the bassy sound. Try a headphone. It is very close to the start of video.

Thanks

u may hear it' cause you know that the sound is there... but I can't hear it either, just like solo mentioned.. bieber fever is cramping the purpose of this video.. hope new video would do justice to all who's trying to help you.

jarance;630592 said:
I heard it. Just when the LED light turn. the sound is there.

Wah Mr J your ears are sharp. I must be listening to too much Bon Jovi.

Salut

solo;630625 said:
Wah Mr J your ears are sharp. I must be listening to too much Bon Jovi.

Salut

You cant hear with the laptop speaker. Just plug in a headphone and try it lah..

Wakakakak i think my bong was left there... but to all of ur curiosity... i sometimes have this also... mech says sometimes if there is bubbles in your coolant pipe to the engine may produce this... so I drain whole system and refill slowly (REALLY SLOWLY) talking about coolant mix pour like baby piss slow...

ALSO... a failing water pump also make this sound...

Wakakakak i think my bong was left there... but to all of ur curiosity... i sometimes have this also... mech says sometimes if there is bubbles in your coolant pipe to the engine may produce this... so I drain whole system and refill slowly (REALLY SLOWLY) talking about coolant mix pour like baby piss slow...

xcrave;630657 said:

Talk about weird mods. That's some mean weed your car is smoking till you leave the bong inside. How many BHP does it give? I always knew KK drivers were different.

Salut

I know its bad but I also got the fever (beiber fever).

xcrave, you're able to hear it from the video? I don't know but the sound seems like it comes from around the dash not the engine bay..

Well mine can hear from the car... but mind you the coolant system goes everywhere... refer here...

239.png

@ Solo: It adds 170HP... SC Weed... everything seem slower at times (Vortex effect) :p

yah..heard it.....its on 0:04-0:05 secs...if you off the radio..does it produce tht "booon" sound...??sounds like interference to me...

Correction on problem... i read from another Bimmer forum it may be your HVAC (A/C) mechanism its somewhere in the middle front of your dashboard...

Guys thanks for the replies, it is hard to reproduce - doesn't happen everytime the car is started. The mechanic doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about. So nobody else have/had this noise..?

yeah... (tho i display with much dislike to JB :p hehhee)

but still been looking everywhere... no answer too...

One quick question do you have HID installed? Did you check alternator brushes? Sound like the powering up of Mechanical/electrical of HID/Alternation

Got this in youtube tho? Related???

[video=youtube;m6ZGO4N0VvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ZGO4N0VvY&NR=1[/video]

M3addict;631382 said:
maybe u can upload new video without B/G music......

xcrave;632384 said:
yeah... (tho i display with much dislike to JB :p hehhee)

but still been looking everywhere... no answer too...

One quick question do you have HID installed? Did you check alternator brushes? Sound like the powering up of Mechanical/electrical of HID/Alternation

Got this in youtube tho? Related???

Not uploading another video since the video already show the symptom. I think the problem here is the hate for Bieber, I know, most of my friends doesnt like him either.

xcrave, I'm yet to install HID. Don't think it's alternator because the sound is there before the engine is started. I'm leaning towards something related to the aircon, flaps or something like you mentioned earlier.

It seems like I'm the only one having this noise.. :hmmmm2:

Did you check if the outside temperature sensor is dead or something?

There's a warning from the gong as well if there's no readout from the sensor as this will cause your outside temp reading to be -35.0 all the time.

Top Bottom