BOGI Absorber after change feel not nice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kshapawi

Club Guest
Hi All,Wanted to get some feedback from you guys who had changed their absorber. I had changed mine last few weeks and found that my car feel not nice if running on rough road or hit a pot hole. I can feel and hear the pangGggg..sound. I feel very confuse and what to check. Alignment also not nice now...even though I had bring the car to do alignment.Please advice.

I could be wrong, but that sounds like your suspension is bottoming out. Are you running stock springs?

When you mean alignment isn't nice do you mean that whenever you drive over uneven roads the car tends to veer left and right as though following the road pattern? Are you running on original rims?

I use original rims...and the absorber just changed to BOGE new one....and also the lower arm bush set.

I didn't change the spring...only the absorber since my old one already leaking.

Softer absorber obviously gives u a more comfortable ride. New absorber is much harder, thus you would feel the ride is stiffer, road noise also would be more obvious for harder absorber compare to older absorber.. again I might be wrong on the noise u describe..

Your problem sound like wrong absorber model was installed for you or the installation is wrong.

Quick, have your car check at other workshop.. its very dangerous to drive with this condition.

Went back to my Mech...and he told me that it's still new..and will be a bit harder...after a while it will be softer...but maybe could take 1 month like that...

Check with TyreZone kelana jaya...they don't want to comment since not bought from them...will go back to the mech then...

Top Bottom