BMW Z4 Roadster Shoot

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

macdude

Club Guest
Here's a BMW Z4 Roadster that was detailed at my Garage and shot earlier this week.
2608082096_e466b7712c_o.jpg
Strobist: Single 500W studio strobe in soft-box triggered manually at full power around the subject over a 60 sec exposure. Compositing and post-processing in CS3.Enjoy!macdudean urban detailer's blog

I thank God that we’ve been kept very busy at The Garage and even more so since we’ve been appointed as BMW Malaysia’s Official Detailing Partner for their exclusive “White” Membership Card programme.

What's this "White" Membership Card programme???

It's a membership programme initiated by BMW Malaysia for owners of brand new BMW's with certain privileges and facilities.

fabianyee;336378 said:
What's this "White" Membership Card programme???

prolly for new BMWs from AB or other autho dealers la, our old junks not applicable

Steven7;336364 said:
Nice shot:rock:~!!! is this your car~???

Macdude runs a detailing center and when you send ur car for detailing, you'll get a photo portfolio for your car too... ;)

macdude;336381 said:
It's a membership programme initiated by BMW Malaysia for owners of brand new BMW's with certain privileges and facilities.

So now your photog hobby is getting financed aledi??? So expect to see more great shots from you...

BTW, T-trolley ready??

shaifulo;336384 said:
prolly for new BMWs from AB or other autho dealers la, our old junks not applicable

So the Z4 is SO's new toy???

can sayang the leathers for me if you have time? its time for tlc (for me anyway). mucho gratias!

love you man!!! **dang impressed**
i wanna come home oredi!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I find it odd.... when you use a soft box to shoot a beauty shot of a car.

Usually we only use soft box to shoot interior, or some model shoot with cars. Even so, I think it is quite unappropriated to use that.

Just utilize standard reflector, it's the best way.

couleur;336938 said:
I find it odd.... when you use a soft box to shoot a beauty shot of a car.

Usually we only use soft box to shoot interior, or some model shoot with cars. Even so, I think it is quite unappropriated to use that.

Just utilize standard reflector, it's the best way.

Photography isn't bound by rules, just general guides and if you're creative, you can experiment with different styles, equipment and composition. The same goes for lighting, your photos can be as creative as you want it to be. Don't limit yourself to just what everyone else does.

I could use a softbox to light an interior but have tried many other styles, i.e.
bare flash, brollies etc...

This is done using bare flashes to mimic sunlight:
2603115938_3372905c28_o.jpg

This on the other hand uses two brollies and a bare flash:
2380020656_386b6142e5_o.jpg

Setup shot here:
2379184931_bfa9afbe02_o.jpg

Both these shots didn't use a softbox because I wanted a different effect. Reflectors have a time and place as well but I usually grab a bunch of my strobes and light away. I find that they allow me better control, especially under direct sunlight.

I took these shots after detailing the Z4 above and taking it out under the sunlight to make sure the inspected finish was flawless. I snapped some shots using my flashes for fill. Not processed and straight from camera.
2603117586_2e4e7d3b2c_o.jpg

2603116774_14122f0813_o.jpg

So, sometimes if you think out of the box, you can come up with some unusual ways to go about things. :1:

Top Bottom