BMW i8 will cost more than 100,000 Euros

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
bmw-i8-london-store-655x436.jpg
Bloomberg reports that when the BMW i8 goes on sale in 2014, it will have a base price above 100,000 Euros. Though this did not come from an official BMW statement, the the U.S. publication quotes Ian Robertson, BMW’s global sales chief, on other BMW i related news.The i3 on the other hand will go on sale at the end of 2013 and will be priced “very competitively for the substance you get” from new powering technology, said Robertson at the unveiling of the sub-brand’s first sales store worldwide.Benoit Jacob, chief designer for i, said that the i3 production model is based 85 percent to 90 percent on the car’s concept version. The product range for i3 and i8 is likely to expand, but no final sign off on the roadmap.Source: Bloomberg

Additional information.

BMW’s i range green range of cars seem to be more and more talked about these days. The newest bit is focused around the i8 supercar.According to a couple of reports, BMW already has a price set in mind for the i8 when it comes to the market in less than two years.

BMW-i8-1.jpg

This price isn’t a few million as most estimates would call it but a rather modest for a supercar or for something that is partially electric.

Ian Robertson, BMW’s global sales chief reckons the i8 could hit the market at as little as 100.000 euro which is roughly 125.000 USD.
Further more, the BMW i3 would also be priced well since Robertson claims it will be “very competitive” given the technology it’s offered with.

BMW-i8-3.jpg

The small hatchback is said to be somewhere around 30.000on the road, so it would technically compete with some of the regular high end hatchbacks.
That seems like a more than fair price which is serious surprise for BMW who seem to be overcharging their consumers lately.
There was even some talk about the way these cars would reach the customers. Dealerships selling BMW’s i range isn’t going to be limited to the newly introduced stores.

BMW-i8-2.jpg

The ratio of dealerships out of the grand total in Germany is 45 out of 200. The rest of the world will be getting one that’s less than this “near 1/4″ of the Vaterland.
Either way, it all seems like more than plenty. We’re almost certain green folks will find a way to get one and are thrilled to find out the new prices.

[h=2]BMW announces production site for i8 engine[/h]
Recently there have been some woes about the i range, it’s financial future, costs and whatever other similar issues but all those seem to have disappeared.
It’s not that the Bavarians have assured eco-friendly car buyers that they’re watching over them, it’s just that in their latest announcement, nothing was spoken about those problems.

BMW-i8-Concept-1.jpg

Instead, the guys at BMW announced the production site for the internal combustion engine they’ll be placing in the upcoming i8 hybrid supercar.

The three cylinder TwinTurbo power 1.5 liter engine will develop 220 horsepower and some 221 lb-ft of torque while still providing some decent fuel economy.
Granted, It’s not the best thing to appeal to people who’ve got the green bug but it’s a cracking engine. Apart from everything it promises in terms of performance and fuel economy, there’s the more practical stuff.

BMW-i8-Concept-2.jpg

The simple idea of how the new engine BMW puts in the i8 is basically half of their glorious 3.0 liter straight six.
That’s the kind of stuff that keeps development costs down and reliability factors up. Maintenance should also come in cheap since plenty of parts are shared.
The new engine will be built at BMW’s engine plant in Hams Hall, near Birmingham, UK. This facility was built and started work in 2001 and has been on a roll ever since.

Hams-Hall-BMW-engine-plant.jpg

Hams Hall BMW engine plant

Only recently, that factory rolled out its 3 millionth engine. It’s one of BMW’s key facilities and one of the most important bits of the British automotive industry.
That seems like a worthy location to build an engine for a game changing car.

Malaysia let u buy this i series cars then only we can talk loh.................hahahhahhahah

bmw7833;751579 said:
bmw-i8-london-store-655x436.jpg

Bloomberg reports that when the http://www.drivewire.com/make/bmw/ i8 goes on sale in 2014, it will have a base price above 100,000 Euros. Though this did not come from an official BMW statement, the the U.S. publication quotes Ian Robertson, BMW’s global sales chief, on other BMW i related news.

The i3 on the other hand will go on sale at the end of 2013 and will be priced “very competitively for the substance you get” from new powering technology, said Robertson at the unveiling of the sub-brand’s first sales store worldwide.

Benoit Jacob, chief designer for i, said that the i3 production model is based 85 percent to 90 percent on the car’s concept version. The product range for i3 and i8 is likely to expand, but no final sign off on the roadmap.
Wow! I would really want to at least test drive this car. But I think I should be more careful driving it, I can't afford to fix if something happens. But it's definitely worth the price.

..sad day to se BMW going down the 'I-crap' road..it seems that cars newdays getting more and more crappy .. overpriced for what its offer and absolutely less and less autonomy for owner of such cars..time and beauty of BMW's you could buy and modify in to a road monster is over...this kind of cars, you will drive on the way car wants it, you will have near zero freedom to tune or modify this sort of systems, rigged with tons of control electronics .. in short, keep your pre I'-crap' BMW's as they will offer you driving pleaseure where you feel like a driver, instead of given told how to drive..

Top Bottom