BMW i8 confirmed as main star in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BlackE90

BMW officially confirmed our previous assumptions and announced that the revolutionary BMW i8, the hybrid supercar based on BMW’s Vision EfficientDynamics concept, will feature the new Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, a movie directed by Brad Bird which is most likely to be released later this year, mid of December 2011 to be more precise. Check the link above and you will be able to see some photos with the new i8 on the set somewhere in Mumbai, India. The Germans announced that the 2012 6 Series Convertible will be also seen in the movie.
BMW-i8-in-Mission-Impossible-%E2%80%93-Ghost-Protocol-2.jpg
The Bavarians issued a press release announcing that they are back in Hollywood and they were confirmed as the movie’s main automotive partner.LeeAnne Stables, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Partnerships at Paramount Pictures, claimed that they really appreciate BMW’s dedication and support mainly considering that the German company had to follow the production team around the world, as mentioned above, the movie being filmed in various location and continents. BMW responded to the kind words and claimed that they are very excited to be part of this huge project. Of course, being the main automotive partner of this film will bring BMW most likely a sales boost or at least will strengthen the image of the brand.
BMW-i8-in-Mission-Impossible-%E2%80%93-Ghost-Protocol-1.jpg
“We are thrilled to be involved again in another Hollywood Blockbuster,” said Ian Robertson, BMW AG Board Member for Sales and Marketing. “The BMW Group leads the way in developing future mobility with a focus on sustainability. One great example is the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics concept car which will be presented in the film.”
BMWi83.jpg
“With its futuristic design and large glass surfaces, the car offers a fascinating perspective on the future of sheer driving pleasure – in combination with maximum efficiency. Also with BMW ConnectedDrive technology, it is the perfect car for Ethan Hunt to outsmart his pursuers through narrow streets and busy city traffic,” adds BMW. The images above were officially released by the German company and represent stills from the actual film.

Wow, looking good!

Wait, the official name for the Visions Dynamic concept is the i8?

Top Bottom