BMW Golf Cup International 2010 Malaysia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

astroboy

Saw the following interesting event but too bad I can't take part because no handicap card :( Just a head up to those BMW White Card holder. Don't miss this! I heard goodies itself is well worth the participation fee.. :phttp://www.bmw.com.my/golfcup/main.htmlPit your putting proficiency and pride against the world’s best amateurs in the largest amateur golf tournament in the country, the BMW Golf Cup International 2010 Malaysia.Exclusively for BMW owners only, the annual tournament was first played in Germany in 1987, and returns for its fourth run in Malaysia, promising plenty of thrills and attractive prizes.Eventual winners will get to play against a remarkable field of contenders in the World Final. So how far will your drive take you? Join the BMW Golf Cup International 2010 Malaysia and find out.he BMW Golf Cup International tournament typically attracts over 100,000 of the best amateur golfers from 42 countries every year, making it the largest and most successful competition of its kind.Open exclusively to BMW owners the world over, it offers an unparalleled avenue for social networking to meet other BMW owners.First established in Germany in 1987, and now entering its fourth year in Malaysia, the BMW Golf Cup International is played according to the same rules worldwide.This year, the BMW Golf Cup International World Final will take place in the exotic locale of Phuket, where the best amateur golfers will be crowned.

PLayed in the first two edition of the tournament. Have to say it was superbly organised in Category A golf courses, namely Templar Park and Sungai Long (which is not open to outsiders!!).

For RM350, it is worth it and I just checked the venue for Klang Valley is KL Golf and Country Club, looks like BMW Msia has gone one level up over Mercedes which held their tournament in Saujana!!

Well done :)

I want to go!!

I have no handicap card!! Cannot go!!

:motz::banghead:

astroboy;536252 said:
I have no handicap card!! Cannot go!!

:motz::banghead:

You can still take part in the tournament and win novelty prizes but not the main prizes if I remember correctly. Check with them.

ALBundy;536256 said:
You can still take part in the tournament and win novelty prizes but not the main prizes if I remember correctly. Check with them.

better to start having one AB...you can register at Seri Selangor and have your handicap maintain there ....
as for the tournament proper, no official handicap no can play ...:eek:

QD250;536257 said:
AB,

i use your white card can ar?

no white card can still play as long as you are owner of a bmw BUT you will not be officially scored and are therefore unable to qualify for the National and World Finals. ....:cool:

dzuljazz2001;536285 said:
no white card can still play as long as you are owner of a bmw BUT you will not be officially scored and are therefore unable to qualify for the National and World Finals. ....:cool:

Non White Card member can play and qualify, provided the BMW you own is a local unit purchased via the official Dealers. IF its a grey car, then as per what Dzul mentioned.

QD250;536257 said:
AB,

i use your white card can ar?

I am checking now. They will return my call.

Option a) I join but cannot win prizes.. sigh! :p

Option b) transfer my white card privilege to a "family" member.. :p Got to explore how to make u my family member.. :p

By the way, Day 1 fully booked liao! :eek: Only Day 2 and 3 still got limited slots!

ALBundy;536289 said:
Non White Card member can play and qualify, provided the BMW you own is a local unit purchased via the official Dealers. IF its a grey car, then as per what Dzul mentioned.

AlBundy, does the white card AB gave us have expiry date? I think mine was lost already. I'd like to participate this time around.

Anybody joining this year?

ALBundy;536289 said:

I am the 2nd owner of a local unit...can I qualify??

GMENG;536355 said:
AlBundy, does the white card AB gave us have expiry date? I think mine was lost already. I'd like to participate this time around.

Anybody joining this year?

I called up BMW Voice and they confirmed my white card expired (3 yrs only for new car). We can still participate under normal BMW ownership (RM350).

hhhmmmm.....

was thinking of just registering..... take the goody bags and head home without even going to the 1st tee-box..... heheheh

but, is the goody bag that good???

Yup gmeng is right, non White card members have to pay 100 bucks extra. You have to fax your car registration card together with the form to BMW.

Goodies will include some stuff from taylormade adidas. Even without the goodies to play in klgcc itself for that price is worth it;)

QD250;536407 said:
hhhmmmm.....

was thinking of just registering..... take the goody bags and head home without even going to the 1st tee-box..... heheheh

but, is the goody bag that good???

Goodies bag....1 pack cast iron tee, 2 cans 200 Plus, 1 tube Chxxa made Titelist ball, 1 pc Good Morning hand towel, 1 tube palm oil 1500 SPF sunblock, 1 pc YalorMade R25 driver, 1 pc Momorola handphone........ heheheh better register fast!!!

ALBundy;536435 said:
Yup gmeng is right, non White card members have to pay 100 bucks extra. You have to fax your car registration card together with the form to BMW.

Goodies will include some stuff from taylormade adidas. Even without the goodies to play in klgcc itself for that price is worth it;)

Seriously, AB, what did they give you last time when you joined? or do you have any idea what they are planning to give this time?

GMENG;536477 said:
Seriously, AB, what did they give you last time when you joined? or do you have any idea what they are planning to give this time?

The first year they have a nice BMW Travelling bag (with rollers), plus they sent me a box with a sleeve of Titleist ProV1x balls plus some divot repair, tees. You also get a BMW golf T shirt.

Second year, they gave a boston bag (of which I am still using) with shirt, cap and a sleeve of Taylor Made TP black balls.

To me, the amount of $$ you pay to enter can't even cover the green fees at KLGCC. :rock:

herbert;536356 said:
I am the 2nd owner of a local unit...can I qualify??

Yes Herbert, you can. Just fax the car registration card together with your entrance form to BMW.

Cut and copy this from bmw.com.my

1. The BMW Golf Cup International 2010 Malaysia is open to BMW owners only,
who have purchased their car from an authorised BMW dealer and are:

a Amateur golfers in accordance with the Rules of Amateur Status issued by
R&A Rules Limited.
b Members of international golf clubs with a validated Handicap Index issued by
the Malaysian Golf Association/NHS.

2. Owners of BMW cars purchased from non-authorised dealers, who meet the
criteria 1(a) and 1(b) are permitted to take part in the Qualifying Legs but will not
be officially scored and are therefore unable to qualify for the National and World
Final.

3. No player is permitted to participate in more than one Qualifying Leg.

4. Employees of BMW and associated retail organisations (dealers/partners) and
their relatives are permitted to take part in the Qualifying Legs. However, they are
not officially scored and are therefore unable to qualify for the National and
World Final.

ALBundy;536435 said:
...Even without the goodies to play in klgcc itself for that price is worth it;)
Sure. For those who can play well enough to enjoy the round and appreciate the course. Otherwise you'd be like that someone who doesnt see any difference between kota permai and seri selangor except its easier to make nice big pancakes of divots... kena kutuk sial...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom