BMW E90 & Iphone Cable

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hsiengloong1985

Club Guest
Dear all,Understand that we would need to purchase a seperate and exclusive cable for our precious bimmers to integrate our iphone/ipod into the system. Have chanced upon such cable at Amazon US and am not sure if this is the right cable. Seems like the product code of the cable is similar but the price is far below what we pay to AB,Ingress & etc.Can anyone here verify that this IS the cable that we should have?http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Ipod-Adapter-Cable-3-5mm/dp/B003UB3U44/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1292206998&sr=8-16

Hi, can anyone help?

FYI decription of the product states this : 'Replaces BMW Part #61120440796 or 61120440812'

Thanks

that is the correct connector i think ...im using a 2010 323i ...use my ipod with that connector and i can play all my music and control it through the idrive . I bought it locally from AB Sg Besi .

Yea i thought so too. But was just wondering how come other cables also from ebay/amazon costing 2-3 times the price?

the only input AUX available on my E92 2008 .can use that cable to link my ipod or iphone to plug in the AUX n play? iphone n ipod only able to play wit the car come with USB only? dun understand what that cable do .please advise

If AUX onli then just go to any electrical shop and buy a 3.5mm cable and plug straight in to the iphone/ipod. E90 that has a USB & Aux cable will be able to control their ipods thru idrive or thru the steering wheel controls, however we would need to buy the correct set of cable which is selling for RM3xx in authorized SCs.

Thus im really very curious as the cable that i have provided above cost less than RM100 plus shipping so i'm not sure if its the right cable.

Appreciate advice by sifu's here..

I am using the same cable......for over 1 year.......works well with my old iPod.......iPhone also boleh but will need to turn to Airplane mode......bought at AB Glenmarie for 300++

hsiengloong1985;590234 said:
Yea i thought so too. But was just wondering how come other cables also from ebay/amazon costing 2-3 times the price?

When you own a Beemer the price difference is pocket change. It'll probably work but like the RM20.00 iphone usb some cable can only charge but cannot transfer data. Some claim to transfer data but after a few weeks it just fails. It's a leap of faith.

Put it this way if I were you, I would try it and if it works offer it to all BMW dealer to sell it under the counter for RM150.00 a pop and make some money from it

Amazon isn't the only place to find the cable.

I bought a genuine one on eBay UK for approx £35 shipped.

item price £ 34.98 (inclusive of VAT 17.5%, which the seller refunded)
Postage £ 5.25

Total price = (34.98/1.175) + 5.25 = £35.02

If £1 = RM 5.20, then

35.02 x 5.2 = RM 182

The eBay listing

Hey guys, I was wondering if this will work for E60 LCI with Aux/USB jack too? I read that it cannot support charging of the phone at the same time. Anyone can confirm?

what about the ones like this? will this work? anybody tried before.
$(KGrHqUOKjcE0)(kC1QRBNZgI9eCgg~~_12.JPg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250777384531&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2798wt_1023

Top Bottom