BMW Body Coating / Glass Coat

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Simon_T72

Club Guest
Dear wise Gurus/Sifus...good morning..Appreciate your kind knowledge on the following queries?i.wheres the best place to do glass/body coating? ii. Is it necessary ? iii. suits for what car color? iv. whats the cost normally? v. How long does it last and any warranty?vi. How does it work? TQ...ST:rock:

I am also interested to know for those who has done the coating, is it really worth it?
Cos I have heard from a fren of mine that does auto detailing says that waxing is already good enough.

And he also mentioned that if I do coating, any waxing will void the warranty.
He also mentioned that coating is only for water slipping effect but not much on protecting the paint.

After all said though I am still keen to do the coating if any sifus think its worth doing the coating.
Thanks a million.

i've done sent my previous ride for autodetailing before. even spent like RM6.5 k on a coat guaranteed (and leave car there for 2 days) to still show water beading for 12 months. unfortunately, i still needed to get it 'touched' up at 3 monthly intervals.

what i can say is that, if you want to do coating - have a good reason for it. normally that reason is to satisfy something personal eg treating it like a hobby or you are particular about not having swirl marks/micro scatches etc [detailing stuff]. to keep the paintwork in factory pristine condition always is not economical and ...frankly, unless you are surrounded by detailers - most cant tell the diff.

why ? from a car point of view (my personal view also), it's pretty expensive and at the end of the day when you sell your car - you get zero value for it. in fact you look after the car for the next owner.

anyway, i adopt a practical approach now - just have it washed regularly, polished and wax at set intervals.

Fighting the elements is a constant battle - if you have the time and resources and the passion - do indulge in it, it's pretty satisfying.

Otherwise, as much as we love our rides, practicality is more sustainable

coating is worth every single cent. my 35,000kms F30 doesn't look 1 year old, it still looks very new. waxing is ok, but you need to wax a daily driver every 14 days to achieve the same lasting result as coating.

mizhan;831188 said:
coating is worth every single cent. my 35,000kms F30 doesn't look 1 year old, it still looks very new. waxing is ok, but you need to wax a daily driver every 14 days to achieve the same lasting result as coating.

How much it cost u bro nd where u sent it ?

I coated 3 cars at 2 different places. I suggest you approach our forum's detailing expect, KC.

Just to share, stopped by at the 3M AD near MRR2 Ampang just to find out a bit more on tinting and also the body coat. The chap was very helpful to explain the full effect of which tinting and how is Crystaline 40 50 60 70 different from eact other and other types of tinting. I tested the spotlight thermal and indeed the cyrstaline is the best from my own eyes. Then we moved on to the body coat discussion and learned how does it work. It basically to protect the lacquer layer from thinning fast and makes your car shine and stay shine for longer time. Its just worth it. Got to know some of my friends did their tinting here too. The cost surprisingly is much cheaper fr outside.
My2cents. (pm me for quotation)
ST:rock:

Top Bottom