bmc cda filter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

McFir7

Club Guest
i try to search on this forum bout bmc cda filter, for our bimmer..but i couldnt find any bout it..but i have read lots of review saying it is good eventhough much expensive then others..so recently i manage to get one..after planning how to diy installing it..i manage to do it today..previously i have kn open pot with hotbits adaptor..which have funnel in the adaptor..not bad..but got to tailor made the heat shield..if not..it will not perform the max of it..after installing the bmc cda..i think this is the best filter i ever had..worth every single cent..good in all rev..if anyone think bout modding..i think this should be u 1st ever step..bmc cda..just wanna share with u guys what i have found today..p/s : aidil come over n check it out..

any pictures to share the BMC CDA ....and lastly what''s the damage to ya pocket ..?

Congrats on the purchase bro ... The intake roar is very addictive indeed.

McFir7;615522 said:
just wanna share with u guys what i have found today..

p/s : aidil come over n check it out..

McFir7, yeah probably will, am looking for specimen for my INPA and GT1/DIS interface..

excellent stuff! heard very good feedbacks on BMC :)

btw, how is it compared to other makes such as GruppeM? say if i'm able to source gruppeM at a similar price of BMC, which would be recommended?

SilverBullet;615795 said:
excellent stuff! heard very good feedbacks on BMC :)

btw, how is it compared to other makes such as GruppeM? say if i'm able to source gruppeM at a similar price of BMC, which would be recommended?

From what I surveyed gruppeM shout is about the CF look as the filter used is K&N. Anyone using it may enlighten us?

pardypeople;615797 said:
From what I surveyed gruppeM shout is about the CF look as the filter used is K&N. Anyone using it may enlighten us?

apart from the type of air filter used, the design itself is also crucial, in terms of where cold air is drawn from..and how protected it is from the hot engine bay..i think BMC has a pipe inlet which you can direct it towards the front side of the car?

SilverBullet;615809 said:
apart from the type of air filter used, the design itself is also crucial, in terms of where cold air is drawn from..and how protected it is from the hot engine bay..i think BMC has a pipe inlet which you can direct it towards the front side of the car?

Yup they do provide a pipe inlet but be warned tho the pipe inlet will not fit if you have factory HID since the ballast is in the way.

Ps: Our factory intake box is still the best since it draws air from outside just need to replace with a BMC or K&N panel filter.

B33mEr;615815 said:
Yup they do provide a pipe inlet but be warned tho the pipe inlet will not fit if you have factory HID since the ballast is in the way.

Ps: Our factory intake box is still the best since it draws air from outside just need to replace with a BMC or K&N panel filter.

will i still get the lansi :) roar with panel filter/drop-in type?

tq tq

sachseelan;615824 said:

tq tq

:listen: not as much roar as having an "open pod" type..had K&N drop in, but must admit the sound from gruppeM is just orgasmic :love:

sachseelan;615824 said:

tq tq

Intake sound will be louder definitely but will not be as loud. On the side note, i'm not sure whether its placebo or not but i could've swore that my exhaust note also seem to be a tad louder too ... could be because the engine breathe better?

SilverBullet;615829 said:
:listen: not as much roar as having an "open pod" type..had K&N drop in, but must admit the sound from gruppeM is just orgasmic :love:

I would love to have a GruppeM intake inside my engine bay but it's just to expensive for me and yes the sound is just awesome ... it must be noted that BMC CDA is a fully enclosed air box not sure about the GruppeM tho (semi enclosed?) Either way both will be sucking hot air inside the engine bay and i must say the car sometimes feel sluggish during a hot day especially in town driving (heat soak). But when on highway speed there would be enough airflow goes through the engine bay so the heat soak effect is only at a minimum.

B33mEr;615840 said:
I would love to have a GruppeM intake inside my engine bay but it's just to expensive for me and yes the sound is just awesome ... it must be noted that BMC CDA is a fully enclosed air box not sure about the GruppeM tho (semi enclosed?) Either way both will be sucking hot air inside the engine bay and i must say the car sometimes feel sluggish during a hot day especially in town driving (heat soak). But when on highway speed there would be enough airflow goes through the engine bay so the heat soak effect is only at a minimum.

tak tido lg ke bro? hehe..yup GruppeM quite expensive la..i think in the end the best is our stock intake coupled with drop-in high flow filters, since it has the best source for cold air..then again, the placebo effect from the gruppeM sound is so nice..hard to resist :D

bmc cda vs gruppe m
1.bmc bit quiet.gruppe m more roar
2.bmc u can fit anyway u wanted.gruppe m only they way it design.
3.bmc u can place the intake pipe anywhere u desire..front?down or side ways..hehehe..

panel or drop in filter
from my findings i think green filter or bmc in much better since the filter area is bigger compare to kn filter..kn filter the side wall or the black rubber seal takes more on the filter area..check it out on the pic at their page..

after installing bmc cda
1.i feel more quiet when normal driving..but still roar when i rev.nice deep tone..
2.more clear sound of the exhaust..less engine noise
3.normal driving, i feel (dont gun me down for this) better consumption then before.i get more miles on this.but fast driving..like normal consumption as per stock set up
4.the rev goes till the end.
5.more power in all rev.
6.can upshift higher gear, earlier.
7.just need to press little on pedal to launch or move compare to before

thats all i feel or find for now.even my dad drove this morning without knowing anything bout the modding, ask what i did to the car.he says he feel the gas pedal is lighter.

the damage / price ? rm 1300++ new depends where u get it.mine i got from sg.that guy order the wrong size, cant fit his car.too big..i got it for rm 800:top::top::top:

i guess i have answer all the quest..

B33mEr;615866 said:
Do let us know how it performs and also the price :top: ... I have read good reviews about pipercross filters.

i did use pipercross panel or drop in filter..
1.nice sound.
2.slight better consumption.
3.price cheaper then kn filter..
4.anytime better then simota of any type (panel or open pod)
5.after sometime the foam will break down like dust.maybe because i didnt wash it for along time/service it.
6.but still better then hks.even it break like dust, only break the top part.still remain the bottom part of the foam.means it doesnt pass thru ur engine.if hks? it goes thru ur engine the next thing u see only the body of the filter.foam will be suck in thru the throttle.

Panel or drop-in filter will not induce any changes in induction sound imo..it just enables more air-flow into the system. i have gone with a few drop-ins before and open pod. filtration-wise..paper/mahle is still the best based on findings.

SilverBullet;615872 said:
tak tido lg ke bro? hehe..yup GruppeM quite expensive la..i think in the end the best is our stock intake coupled with drop-in high flow filters, since it has the best source for cold air..then again, the placebo effect from the gruppeM sound is so nice..hard to resist :D

Tido lambat bangun awal hehehe ... yup the intake roar certainly worth the money alone hehehe

Top Bottom