Bimshop AE LED Markers (The Technical stuff & FAQ)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bimshop Singapore

Club Vendor
Here at Bimshop, we take our mods seriously.We actually lost abt SGD4000 selling some branded taiwan ae led markers which broke down after 1 month.Thereafter, we spent 1yr+ to research on the angel eyes and testing prototypes and tweaking it on some of the bmwsg bros's rides.This thread should help most of the bros to understand the differences of how some models' AE works.hopefully it can educate some of the more interested bros and not let yourself kena makan by some sellers or workshops over-promising on what it can achieve.Hope you guys like this thread.RegardsStevenBimshop

Anatomy of the Angel Eyes (For most LCI models and pre-lci E92/93)

h8ae_diagram.jpg

as u guys can see from the above-diagram:

1) the angel eyes are actually powered by just 1 light source/bulb
2) the alignment of the light source would affect the brightness of the 2nd ring, especially if u are using leds.
so if its mis-aligned, you will find that the outer ring would be poorly lighted up
3) the inner angel eye is actually closer to the light source, ie it would be getting more light than the outer ring
4) the light actually runs into the 2 input holes, then via the light tubes before reaching the outer ring.
Its like taking this long detour before reaching its destination. hence, the weakness compared to the inner ring
5) this is only applicable to certain models like e90lci, the input holes are like this rectangular shape whereas most models are small round holes.
Thus, more light is lost before even entering the light input holes. Hence, the much noticeable weakness in the outer ring when compared to other models like e92, e60 etc

The Bimshop Angel Eyes LED markers FAQ

Hi guys,

Since the launch of our angel eyes LED markers last Aug 2011, we have received quite alot of enquiries. That is why i am starting this thread to answer your queries related to our AE LED markers.

Pls feel to post your questions.
No need to shy shy and PM me....cos i am pretty transparent abt my stuff.
Will be adding more into this post no.1 as i move along.

1) What Brand is it?

Its our own Bimshop inhouse brand that we developed during the past 2 years.
Many thanks to Bro Blackzero for volunteering as guinea pig for so long a period and his yeo's bottled drinks. Yep, we did tests on and off on our sample lights in the wee hours of the nite using Bro Blackzero's E92.

We do not believe that branded necessarily = good stuff nor does it justify charging high prices

2) How white is it?

Here at Bimshop, we hear u and we like to do things beyond the conventional.
Right now, we are the only nuts that are doing 8000ks on the AE LED markers.
Thats cool white.

3) Are the 8000ks bluish white?

Nope, its just our crappy old camera white balance thats not working that well.
The bros who have had our AE LED markers 8000ks installed will tell u whether is it cool white or bluish white and even some of the other bros who have happened to see it for themselves.

4) Are the AE lights brightness the same for different models?

Nope, not all headlights are created equal.
The brightness of the AE is actually affected by the AE rings layout and even the light input holes. Hence, we can see that our Bimshop AE led markers perform best on 2010-current M3s down to the not so much as bright E90lci xenons or Z4s.

We will be posting a Bimshop AE led markers brightness guide later so as to help u guys manage your expectations

5) Wow, can u make my AE rings as bright as the F10s?

Nope, thats the hard truth.
There are lotsa sellers peddling their BS that their AE lights would make the rings as bright as the F10's. Reality check - we probably can max achieve 80% of that.
The reason being the difference in the construction of the AE rings, ie newer models such as F10s VS older models with old AE ring design.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bimshop...d-markers.html

6) Why is my outer ring weaker?

This would be most common on E92/93, E60lci and even the E63/64.
This is due to the fact the only 1 bulb is being used to power the 2 rings, with the inner ring being located nearer to the light source while light to the outer ring needs to travel a longer distance.

You can check out an earlier article that we have written on this issue
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bimshop...-e92-93-a.html

7) Which type of AE LED markers would fit my ride?

E90 pre-fl - Bimshop Non-H8 AE LED markers for E90 pre-fl
E90LCI xenon headlight set - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type B
E90LCI halogen headlight set - Bimshop Non-H8 AE LED markers for E90lci

E60 pre-fl - Bimshop Non-H8 AE LED markers for E60/E63/E64/E65/E66 pre-fl
E60LCI - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A

E63/64 pre-fl - Bimshop Non-H8 AE LED markers for E60/E63/E64/E65/E66 pre-fl
E63/64LCI - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A
E65/66 - Bimshop Non-H8 AE LED markers for E60/E63/E64/E65/E66 pre-fl

E81/87/82/88/1M - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type B

E92/93 Pre-fl - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A
E90/92/93M3 - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A

F01/02 - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type B

X1 - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A
X5 - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A
X6 - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A
Z4 - Bimshop H8AE LED markers Type A

8 ) How long can the AE LED markers last?

The official lifespan hours for our leds are 30,000hrs which works out to be like 10 years assuming 8 hrs usage per day.
Just to be on the conservative side, i would say it can last 3-5 years depending on usage.
At the end of the day, we need to factor in the wear n tear due to the heat.

9) Would the whiteness of the LED change?

We use only top quality LED from Bridgelux which is one of the top LED makers in the US, comparable to Cree.
Unlike the cheaper China/Taiwan made AE LEDS which usually start to yellow after 6 months, the whiteness of our LEDs would hold well for the few years of usage.

10) Is there any warranty?

Yes, there is. There is a standard 6 months warranty on our AE LED markers.

11) I am driving a E90 Pre-fl but my headlights do not have any angel eye rings, can i install the Bimshop AE LED markers?

Nope, you can't. What we offer is actually a bulb replacement. Thus, it must have pre-existing AE rings.

Hi Bro fifty5,

Currently, we are only able to provide installation for our Singapore customers.
We currently have not appointed any dealers in Malaysia yet.
Thus, we have thrown in the free shipping instead for our Malaysian customers.
Installation's actually pretty easy, can DIY for some of the models such as E92, E60lci as the components are simply plug n play.

Mind letting me know what model are u driving so that i can better advise u

Thanks for the reply. Would rather come to your place when I do come to SG.

amos said:
Hi, how much it cost for E60 LCI in RM? Thanks
Hi Amos, your e60lci will need our Bimshop H8AE LED Markers Type A with additional resistors.
Its SGD300/set (abt RM780) and comes with 6 months warranty

Hello...how about e93 335ci 2007 years..??.
What is the supply and install price.?..

hamilton said:
Hi, do you have anything for E39 ? Thks.
for the E39, if you have the headlight set with AE rings, we can actually install the non-h8AE LED markers that we use on the pre-fl E60.
That is compatible with E39.

Bimshop Singapore said:
for the E39, if you have the headlight set with AE rings, we can actually install the non-h8AE LED markers that we use on the pre-fl E60.
That is compatible with E39.
Any sample photo ?

How much will that be ?

For your information, my ride is 528 single Vanos UK specs 1998.

I suppose I have to get my mechanic to install here in KL, possible to provide some product information so that I could share it with him to assess if he could do it.

Many thanks in advance.

hamilton said:
Any sample photo ?

How much will that be ?

For your information, my ride is 528 single Vanos UK specs 1998.

I suppose I have to get my mechanic to install here in KL, possible to provide some product information so that I could share it with him to assess if he could do it.

Many thanks in advance.
hi bro,

sorry, i don't have any pics at the moment.
i will try to get one of the e39s we have done to pop by and take some pics for your reference.

Kenzocjon said:
Hi bro, may I know how much would it cost for the E90 LCI
hi bro,

we got 2 types for the e90lci.
need to knoww if you are running on halogen headlight set or xenon headlight set