Best product to remove scratches

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mezmhn

Club Guest
Hi Does anyone have Any recommendation on what they use to remove minor scratches on their car exterior.

Light scratches, I use Meguiar Scratch X. for deep scratches, I use Autosol.. :4:

No I'm serious! Wife hit the curb in car park and dented the lower edge of bumper, just below the bumper fog light, with scratches from the cement curb. I use my hot water method to lift the dent and scrub with Autosol.. scratches too deep for Scratch X la.. I use Autosol to scrub my hazy Avanza headlight lens and if that works well, paint job also can ma.. result was magical! It's the lower part of the bumper, already with white embedded cement in the scratces, I figure I had nothing to lose.. :4:

It was late at nite and wife felt very uneasy.. I immediately fire up my electric kettle to boil water. Didn't take photo la.. very dark la. I try post up photo of end result if possible, this weekend.

Of course, I will still warn you that attempt at your own risk. My front bumper spray before, so the paint very tebal la.

223232_10151465651566632_69581539_n.jpg

lens is ok as its only acrylic plastic. but paintwork...wont it remove the paint? haha...

but as a reminder as AB puts it, his paint very the tebal....so that makes a difference lol :)

+1 to Astroboy. I usually carry a tube of Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 in the car and it has come in handy when required.

Tip I learnt from KC is to be really aggressive in rubbing and buffing off the chemicals from the affected spot and it should work for minor scratches.

I started rubbing lightly la, then keep checking the result lor. It's obviously more abrasive than Scratch X. I apply, scrub, remove, check and repeated more than 5 times with increasing finger pressure. Yes, use finger. So I know exactly where I scrub. Finger can feel the scratched ma and can rasa the scratches slowly disappear. :top:

All Sifu,

I guess most of the scratches can be removed or 'lighten'. My bumper was scratched by a taxi, and it left a deep scratch (a 'line' about 2mm wide, 10 cm long) till I can see the original color of the bumper. I tried to 'hand paint' it, but it does not looks good. Anyone know a good workshop around KL/Selangor that can provide a good paint touch up job? Thanks.

Top Bottom