Axle Oil Change

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alex5522

Club Guest
Can any sifu-sifu or master-master here tell :1) What is the interval millage change for Axle oil of our UDM ? 2) What type of axle oil should be use in our udm ?3) How much the quantity of axle oil to be use in our udm ?For you all information i did ask Bavarian Auto regarding the Axle oil and the feed back was there are not selling this oil.Hope any sifu-sifu here can comments about this oil change.TQVM

Hi Alex, i just chsnge it last week, most of the workshop have it, usage about 2 litres, i paid for rm 66 ( rm36 for oil + rm 30 for labour )

usually uses 75w90 gear oil or sometimes they call it transaxle oil, it uses approximately 1.2 litre and cost around RM 60
Alex5522;591627 said:
Can any sifu-sifu or master-master here tell :
1) What is the interval millage change for Axle oil of our UDM ?
2) What type of axle oil should be use in our udm ?
3) How much the quantity of axle oil to be use in our udm ?

For you all information i did ask Bavarian Auto regarding the Axle oil and the feed back was there are not selling this oil.
Hope any sifu-sifu here can comments about this oil change.

TQVM

some mechanics advise not to change the oil..i also confuse..i went to 3 different place, all of them advise not to change..

Alex,

Axle oil is the same as auto-trans oil. Rule of the thumb is replace axle oil during auto-trans oil change. Albert of WP will be able to do that for you.

faizbizandry;592920 said:
some mechanics advise not to change the oil..i also confuse..i went to 3 different place, all of them advise not to change..
I already change mine twice, once at 60k and the other at 120k, no problem so far. its relatively easy and fast, just like changing your engine oil. but the oil that is drain out is damm smelly

My mechanic advises to change the ori. axle oil from BMW (0.5l x bottles= RM420). If we use the other brands (gear oil) it will have noise. Do you find this prob.? The mechanic advises not to change.

tttong.cyt;593043 said:
My mechanic advises to change the ori. axle oil from BMW (0.5l x bottles= RM420). If we use the other brands (gear oil) it will have noise. Do you find this prob.? The mechanic advises not to change.

RM420 is very expensive. Think you better change mechanic and change your axle oil.

herbert;593075 said:
RM420 is very expensive. Think you better change mechanic and change your axle oil.

sorry, is 0.5l x 3 bottles= RM420, ya, is very expensive. What brand should i use?

On E46 I've used Q8 axle oil before (which is fully synth). After replacement the knocking noise when coming to traffic light somehow mysteriously disappeared. Some people use Redline axle oil. Of course if you can find the original BMW axle oil that would probably be ideal. It is from Castrol, code name if not mistaken is SAF-XO.

tttong.cyt;593118 said:
sorry, is 0.5l x 3 bottles= RM420, ya, is very expensive. What brand should i use?

Original BMW LSD oil is around that price. For open axle any reputable brands will do.

Top Bottom