Auto Transmission Display Lights

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sesat88

Club Guest
Hi....Couple of questions from a newbie...#1: How do u take off the Auto Transmission Panel? Need to do check what's happening as all the lights there as there are currently gone... pitch black when it dark. After years of driving stick, kinda not comfortable when you are not able to see which gear u switch to esp. R, N & D situations.#2: Getting this ticking sound when travelling at 80kmph above... sometimes at lower speed too. Suspect it is one of the hydraulic lifters as the cars was idle for a good 8 or so months prior i bought it. Sometimes.. changing oil a few times will "cure" it but is there a any better solution....cheers....

sesat88 said:
#1: How do u take off the Auto Transmission Panel? Need to do check what's happening as all the lights there as there are currently gone... pitch black when it dark. After years of driving stick, kinda not comfortable when you are not able to see which gear u switch to esp. R, N & D situations.

fuse #10..
try to check that first..

bro sithwarrior kata "whole component underneath the gear lever console you have to change"

will cost about RM120.. :D

thanks thanks... i baca tadi...

kita tengok dulu lerrr.... let check the fuse first....(cheaper and viable option first... kekkeke)

then i will pening if cannot work as i still gotto figure out how to take the darn gear lever console apart..... to check the lighting module. ;)

sesat88 said:
i still gotto figure out how to take the darn gear lever console apart..... to check the lighting module. ;)

if e30 aar..

1. remove the selector lever knob.. (ada screw kat situ)

2. pull off the selector lever knob..

3. then, kasi cungkil keluar aar itu console.. :D

bro drive e36 yek..?
dunno its using the same method or not..

aaar..... teknik itu bole pakai. 1 day 1 nite... i slowly go cungkil keluar and service the bulbs. Now a got lights but very dimmed.

Bro Metalrizca... you know where can find the replacement bulb unit for the Hazard Lights ka? Went to Struttgard and they say dun sell just bulb but must buy the whole switch unit?!!!! So i go DIY replace the bulb myself.. but still dim la..

Any recommendation for decent spare part shop as there are a few more "things" I need to get too....

so, what is the price for "the whole switch unit"..?
about RM120 ke..? :rolleyes:

maybe the switch unit tu dah kaput..
gotta change whole components..

maybe yek..
no racun2..
he he.. :D

yalah.. around that price >RM100..

not switch kaput lerr.... the bulb kaput... and the bulb can take out wan..

got it.. thanks bro... will give them a call this weekend and check out the place...

cheers

Top Bottom