Asian Festival Of Speed 2007, 5th 6th may 2007, sepang international circuit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mohamedfaiz

Club Guest
Greetings, Once again, Motorsport Asia and AFOS is running internationally Asian motorsport event. AFOS 07 Comprosed of the FIA-Sanctioned Formula V6 Asia, Asian Touring Car Series, Formula BMW Asia Series and Porsche Carrera Cup Asia Series. This year, we will see drivers from no less than 20 countries; Australia, CHina, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, korea, Sri Langka, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan and more... Sepang International CircuitRace will be at the north-track only which is 2.706km and number of the laps is 20 laps. Asian Touring Car Series (ATCS)

BMW win for ATCS (AFOS 07)

Hairuman Wins the Day in ATCS

It was a good start to the season for the Petronas Syntium Team driver, Fariqe Hairuman, who scored an emphatic win on home ground in Asian Touring Car Series.

The 24 year old led from pole to finish, leaving his competitors behind him by a good 18 seconds.

“It was my first time winning here in Sepang in the Asian Touring Car Series and it feels good. I have to thank my team and sponsors for giving me this opportunity” said Hairuman.

“I did not really get a good start, I was still getting used to the car, with it being a left hand drive and no it wasn’t lonely being ahead, it gave me the chance to get used to the car” he added with a smile.

Flanking him on the podium was Singaporean driver Melvin Choo and Hong Kong native, Danny Stacy Chau after a hard fought battle throughout most of the race.

Choo’s battle was with the ever present challenge brought on by the Hong Kong driver Cheung Chi Sing. While Cheung made a few mistakes, he regained himself to close in on Choo. But as luck would have it, on lap 16, fatigue pushed Choo to make a mistake allowing Cheung to overtake only to have his suspension fail on him. Choo forged ahead to claim second spot.

“It was a very tiring race. I was fighting off fatigue toward the end of the race and if Cheung did not go off I would not have been able to get this position” said an obviously exhausted Choo.

Danny Stacy Chau held on to his position from the relentless pursuit of Malaysian Eric Yeo, “he is like a tiger charging behind me” said Danny during the Press Conference.

The day ended with the Asian Touring Car Series and the battles will continue on Sunday at Sepang International Circuit, beginning at 10.30am with Round 2 of the series, followed by two Formula BMW Asia and Porsche Carrera Cup races and the Grand Race of the Formula V6 Asia.

Log on to www.afos.com for full results.

BMW E46 in action:
484865874_3bec86744d_b.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/216/484865874_3bec86744d_b.jpg

New BMW 3 Series in action:
486151040_87691ac998_o.jpg
486151038_856276d310_o.jpg

Top Bottom