asc

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

scyfull

Club Guest
Hai all,just new to my e46,hey guys what is asc botton function is for?:7:

ASC - Anti Skid Control

Avoid u from skiding during raining time and stuck in the mud or what so ever..

scyfull;276694 said:
Hai all,
just new to my e46,hey guys what is asc botton function is for?:7:
its actually Automatic Stability Control, if the light flashes, meaning the system is active and in process of regulating your tractive and braking forces. usually in very slippery/uneven road

Automatic stability control as what Mouse had mentioned is the correct and accurate one. If you open the E46 manual acronyms also will transpire the same meaning of force distribution automatic control.

Rakish Sanusi,
Please do not mislead newbies who want to learn new thing

thanks for the info guys,one more thing,is this mean i have to on it manually or it will on automatic by the ecu....

It should be deactivated with no light on, for normal drive.
For other explanation, if the button been turn on your car unable to drift :)

Mouse;276725 said:
its actually Automatic Stability Control, if the light flashes, meaning the system is active and in process of regulating your tractive and braking forces. usually in very slippery/uneven road

my mechanic told me:
light flashes-deactive
no light-active...

am i rite?....

BJM7978;276845 said:
my mechanic told me:
light flashes-deactive
no light-active...

am i rite?....

If I'm not mistaken, ASC is turned on automatically, even if there's no light, it still means that it's on. If it flashes, then you're driving on a corner at high speed and the system is controlling your car from skidding / drifting. Do correct me if I'm wrong though.

Cheerio...

Bix

BJM7978;276845 said:
my mechanic told me:
light flashes-deactive
no light-active...

am i rite?....

To be precise,
light on permanently - deactive
no light - active
light flashes on-off - ASC is working at the present time

alxy;277288 said:
To be precise,
no light - active
i think u r right, that is what i understand as well

alxy;277288 said:
To be precise,
no light - active

Such a informative thread. Now i know wat ASC button function really is. I've been wondering for ages.haha.. Thanx bro!!:rock:

Bro,

Did we need to active all the time or de-active, have any problem or not if we active all the time

Kayz

under the normal circumstances, ASC has to be activated(light has to off) so don hv to off the ASC(light on) unless u plan to drift sumwhr..heheh!!

Thks bro,

Where to drift............. with my 2 kids, my wife will tarik my earslah like that ha...ha..ha..

You go to open spaces, turn it off (light on)...walla....u can start drifting already...

Just sharing..

The ASC has a control module right in front of the Brake Servo. If this thing breaks... it will cost >rm4k and it has to be programmed after installation. So don't toy with your ASC unnecessarily. It is a known but not that common part change for E46 and E39. That is why it is listed in the "tell tale lignt" topic in your car manual.

Someone told me but he can't prove this technically, if you add accessories that increases the car's electrical demand, it may potentially damage control units and ASC is one of them. I had aftermarket HIDs & Angel Eyes, 2 Amps and 2 woofers... end of last year... my alternator and followed by my ASC broke... total cost ~RM8k. So now.. all of these aftermarket has been removed... only 1 amp and a small woofer.

planta

Top Bottom