All in one Headlamps for E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ultimat_xtc

Club Guest
Guys,Would really appreciate it if anyone can tell me where I can get this head lamps for E36. Saw this from www.bmtown.com and it's $199uk pounds. :cry: Any idea how much is it here?Thanks

U can get it at a shop call WRC in Sunway or its distributor in Kepong/Manjalara (infront of Puspakom). Price wise I think around RM13++ or something, couldnt recall but it's about therela

These units have been known to trap water in them.....izit true? Maybe those who have them on their rides can confirm or dispel this?

hey guys,

saw the lamp at the shop also. very impressive but the pricing rather sticky for a taiwanese plastic product (ori is glass). still pondering to-date whether to buy or not (to replace my existing foggy head lamp as well as all other orange lights).

what is the advice of all the sifus out there?

Better go for the ones like Three28's Hella,, if you have the budget to do so.. save the hassle from having fogged and fishtanks lamps.

But it sure looks good..!! i dont mind if it comes together with HIDs haha

you can actually change the glass on the head lamp and take out the inner lens, then put angel eye ,then change the amber signal light find it at potong kereta then you car will look good for sure .....

my take..anything other than Hella's..or originals, dun bother..i've gotten some really good looiking ones from taiwan etc..they fit nicely, has angel eyes...looks really good..BUT the adjustments/alignments are so bad, and the controls are so crappily made..that in the end not worth it..:(..only 1 set out of previous 7 taiwanese were satisfactory...and even then..sold it.. back to stock..:)..

even if u dun add angel eyes, u'll be surprised how just cutting out the glass lenses suddenly gives it a very new look..:)...

my $0.02..:)

Originally posted by kevster30@Oct 12 2005, 11:26 AM
These units have been known to trap water in them.....izit true? Maybe those who have them on their rides can confirm or dispel this?
For what it's worth, my highly subjective opinion, based on experience.

Buy taiwan lights only if you miss your pet fish and like to take it with you every where you go; your lights will contain water worthy of any fish tank.

Gives new meaning to the term 'fog lights'.

Originally posted by ozone@Dec 7 2005, 01:30 PM
Where can I get the glass lens cut out and how much does it cost ?
hmm...it'll cost u next to nothing... i'm assuming MY e36's have the euro headlights, with glass lenses...just take out the whole unit, then take apart the external plastic cover.. the glass lenses will be exposed...

then take a knife or cutting weapon of sorts (no lightsabre pls..) cut around the edges of the grey colored silicone used to attach the lenses onto the housing... and then..remove the lenses...nothing to it...carfeully clean out stray silicone bits...and put back...

voila!..there u have it..new look.>:)..

hhheh.:)

come on..dun pay anyone to do this ..pls... its really easy..:)..

hehhe.:)

Originally posted by Alvin C.@Dec 7 2005, 03:08 PM
Can gwumpkus or anyone tell us where to get these Hella products in Msia ?
bro, not sure where in MY (or even here in SG) that carries them. ordered them before in the past...came up to about SGD$1100 for a pair..phew.. (crazy rich friend...)

but really..the built quality is something else... and the connectors etc...all A1, fits like a glove man... no need to do funny things one..:)

(OT: i'm ordering a shipment of stuff from US inc som parts.. anyone wanna tumpang, let me know withint the next 3 days.... i'll be in KL in early Jan..so can pass u guys stuff. hey pls: not making money ok?.. just sharing shipping costs...which are already very cheap...)

Ozone / gwumpkus,

I think the lenses are for the purpose of focusing the light beams. With them removed, how are the light beams now ?

my all in one head lamp plastic now become very blur when nite coz the plastic no last for heat when u long journey in dark. i plan to change the glass 1..dun knw can find a replacement or ned change a new plastic head lamp cover ?
any 1 got the same problem? some of my friend advise go for polish..but seem no lasting ?

Top Bottom