Alarm system - suggestions please.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dedisyar

Club Guest
Git myself a 1999 E39 a couple of weeks ago. Been thinking about security. Does the 'stock alarm" still work? What other additional security does the car has? Should I add security? Advices from sifu2 will be very much appreciated.... :dunno:

Go and check it out. There is a system that can be integrated to your current remote key. The items include siren with back up battery and sensor for the internal cabin . Go look for Ramesh.

Originally posted by dedisyar@Feb 7 2006, 07:36 PM
Can PM me the address/ direction or not.....Thanks!!
its opposite TTDI Mobil station.....you wont miss it!!

MohdRidhwan,
Wah! ...before you can drive and own a BMW, you already know the jalan to these places. Keep it up mann!

While we are on this alarm thing, can anyone comment on the Trac A300 system from S'pore? Somebody was trying to sell me this system that's using the GPS system. Their website at www.trac.com.my. Would appreciate your comments.

Originally posted by GMENG@Feb 8 2006, 01:00 PM
While we are on this alarm thing, can anyone comment on the Trac A300 system from S'pore? Somebody was trying to sell me this system that's using the GPS system. Their website at www.trac.com.my. Would appreciate your comments.
dun....an Accessories shop once installed an aftermarket to an E46 and the car cannot start....ended up have to send the cars VIN no. to BMW to get the what the hell EWS system???

Thanks Zoggee for this useful info. I wont install then. Btw, how useful is it the original BMW's immobilizer without the alarm system?

OEM immobiliser is good enough. It is built into the ECU so that the rightful owner (original remote/key) can only start the engine. Alarm system is to deter the thieves to carry on the job because the siren will keep on blarring. But some can manage to defuse or to cut the siren cable. BMW immobiliser is very safe. I never put on any sreering lock. Can only be stolen by towing or carjacking.

Top Bottom