Air Cond Setting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zeck

Club Guest
Hi Guys..just got my beast a few months ago.its 525,2005 M54 engine.i've some concerns on the aircond setting. previously the dealer has done the setting for me and i do not know how the setting maby lari after i switch to auto. now the problem is sometime the aircond will turn to blower ( hot air ) everytime it rains. it happens only at driver side.appreciate if you guys can share the aircond setting on the idrive...

Guys,
Today I found out that when i turn the aircond controller to max I'll feel hot air on my feet.is it normal for UK spec?Maby u guys could advise me.thanks in advance..

zeck;724184 said:
Guys,
Today I found out that when i turn the aircond controller to max I'll feel hot air on my feet.is it normal for UK spec?Maby u guys could advise me.thanks in advance..

Try to decrease both aircon knobs to lower position.

zeck;649373 said:
Hi Guys..just got my beast a few months ago.its 525,2005 M54 engine.i've some concerns on the aircond setting. previously the dealer has done the setting for me and i do not know how the setting maby lari after i switch to auto. now the problem is sometime the aircond will turn to blower ( hot air ) everytime it rains. it happens only at driver side.appreciate if you guys can share the aircond setting on the idrive...
Try this first, at the I-drive, turn to Climate and adjust the airflow and temperature.

Hi bro jerman,
I've done that but i still cannot feel the cool air on my feet,maby i've done setting wrongly or maby there are other ways to do it? Pls advise me.

Putra 535,
I've done that too and just getting cold airflow on the upper part not the lower part.

The weird thing is,it only happen at the driver side. The passenger side seems fine.

zeck;724634 said:
Hi bro jerman,
I've done that but i still cannot feel the cool air on my feet,maby i've done setting wrongly or maby there are other ways to do it? Pls advise me.

Putra 535,
I've done that too and just getting cold airflow on the upper part not the lower part.

The weird thing is,it only happen at the driver side. The passenger side seems fine.

Zeck,
Did you move the cursor/i-Drive controller to the right to adjust the driver side as well? Adjust the bars to maximum "+"
If you have done that, then perhaps paying a visit to Naidu 019-2110554, Jalan Gasing behind the Shell petrol station is your last resort.

interesting, on a cold rainy day, I get some warm-ish air at feet level (driver and passenger side). I just thought it might be the compressor switching off as the cabin air is cold enough and the a/c is just an air blower. The air-cond vents at the dash feel like that (i.e. just blowing recirculated air)

Maybe you've got the "recirculation" switched off and its blowing in fresh air (from engine bay? >>> hot?)

hi there, am collected my 530d yesterday and haven't really drive it long enough. I'm trying to get familiar with the knobs and buttons in the car. The aircond setting was the one that puzzled me the most.

I'm trying to find an option to adjust the air flow direction (e.g. foot; body). I found there's a setting in the iDrive Climate setting; however, even when I chose either Driver or Passenger; I can't seems to adjust the bar, selected the bar and turning the knob change nothing. There's another setting under Climate called "Automatic Climate" and there are three options "High", "Medium", and "Low". If i switched to "Medium" and go back to the Driver or Passenger air direction menu I'll see minimal bar set at the foot area.

Is there a way for me to manual adjust the air direction? Or was it the iDrive issue on this?

creed;745652 said:
hi there, am collected my 530d yesterday and haven't really drive it long enough. I'm trying to get familiar with the knobs and buttons in the car. The aircond setting was the one that puzzled me the most.

I'm trying to find an option to adjust the air flow direction (e.g. foot; body). I found there's a setting in the iDrive Climate setting; however, even when I chose either Driver or Passenger; I can't seems to adjust the bar, selected the bar and turning the knob change nothing. There's another setting under Climate called "Automatic Climate" and there are three options "High", "Medium", and "Low". If i switched to "Medium" and go back to the Driver or Passenger air direction menu I'll see minimal bar set at the foot area.

Is there a way for me to manual adjust the air direction? Or was it the iDrive issue on this?

Try this,
Manual air distribution

You can combine your air distribution yourself and also set the air temperature for the upper body area individually.
1. Select "Vent settings" and press the controller
2. Select "AUTO" and press the controller. is displayed with manual air distribution
3. Select the desired field by moving the controller and turn the controller to adjust the air distribution.

If not, try reading the Owner's Manual
http://www.bmwsections.com/docs/5series/

There isn't a "Vent Setting" in my iDrive, have to check with the shop which did the latest software upgrade then, the owner kind enough to throw in an upgrade prior to deliver the car to me, if not mistaken its something like version 43 or sort

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

creed;745669 said:
There isn't a "Vent Setting" in my iDrive, have to check with the shop which did the latest software upgrade then, the owner kind enough to throw in an upgrade prior to deliver the car to me, if not mistaken its something like version 43 or sort

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Have you check the Owner's Manual?

I downloaded a copy of the manual from 5series.net; however I saw there is Air Distribution as per manual; however selecting and turning the knob on relevant field changes nothing. Hopefully its not something wrong with the aircond panel.

Assuming you have the IHKA high version, which allows separate heat settings for driver and passenger sides, the heating water valve for the driver side may be faulty, or the air temp sensor for the driver side is faulty. More likely the valve since it has had years of radiator water running through it to clog it up. In malaysia, we don't need hot air so can consider bypassing the heater - cheaper than replacing the water valve which is just going to remain shut anyway in our weather

Top Bottom