Air Cond auto on during startup

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wmruslan

Hi all,

Just wanna check whether is is common or not for air cond to automatically switched on after engine start-up.

I realised that the aircond automatically switched on after the engine start eventhough I have switched it off prior to stoppimg the engine.

Is this common or any setting should be done to prevent it from auto on after startup?

Mine is a 320i.

Thanks in advance.

are you sure it's the a/c and not just the blower?
the e39 and e60 blower automatically comes ON upon startup.this is how the car is designed.i would assume the f30 to be the same.
the a/c however,has to be selected to come ON.

When you switch start up your car in the morning, the blower comes on automatically. Its program that way. However, the air cond compressor does not start up until your car is warmed up.

So, if you are like me that like to start up the car and let it warm up before moving and do not want the hassle to switch off the blower all the time, you can call up bimmercoder as he can program it to be off all the time. If not mistaken he can also set it to remember last position of the blower before you switch off the engine.

Hope this answers your question.

yes it'll be switched on upon engine start-up. if i have the setting at 3 before engine off then it'll be at the same setting when engine is started but if i switch it off then it'll be at 1 (ie. not off) when the engine is started. :smile:

its normal for the AC to switch on when u hit the stat stop button. u can switch the AC off if you wish to. wont affect anything towards the car.

Mine has a memory function. It will remember last position of the aircon speed before I last switch off the engine. When restart the next day,it will follow the last position. Can be programmed.

Help..! Everytime i start the car..the a/c blower (driver's side) are set to be all directions and i have to select it manually to one direction (front)..but when i switch off the engine and start again..it went back to all directions again..

how to set it to one direction (front) only?

Top Bottom