Advice needed on e28

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jep

Club Guest
Hello all!I just bought an old e28 520i and am looking to slowly bring it back to tip top condition. First of all, I have to say that I'm a little ignorant about cars (compared to all the sifus/members here), particularly beemers. So, I hope u guys can help me out.My first agenda would be to do up the engine. Right now, it seems that the engine needs a new timing belt, and i believe the top gasket is leaking. And of course, i plan to do the mandatory oil-change and servicing. (What is a reasonable cost for all of this?)I believe that I should go to a workshop that is familiar with this model, but some of my friends (who r not UDM owners) say that these r minor things that any workshop can fix. Please advise.And can anyone suggest a reasonably competant (and reasonably priced) workshop around my house (Kerinchi) or my workplace (Jln Semarak)?I also believe the left front shocks are dead (minimal travel/very keras/bunyi-bunyi). How much for a pair and where to get? Please advise.I guess that's all the questions I have for now. I apologize for my ignorance and I'd appreciate any help given. Thanx in advance, guys.

maybe u should ask the ular.com boys there.. the whole bunch there has e28's...

Originally posted by pussy@Apr 4 2006, 06:28 PM
maybe u should ask the ular.com boys there.. the whole bunch there has e28's...
Yeah mate pm wolverine or kevster for more help.

Or u can always visit the ular.com "clubhouse"

cheers :D

Front shockers are about RM280/pc (1 year ago for Sachs, more for Bilstein) Quite a straight forward job just to replace shocks, most w/shops can do. However, there are a lot of suspension arms under there that will most likely require replacement if you need to get it right, most of the bunyi bunyi will most likely come from worn bushes, side rods, control arms and centre rod.

I send my e28 to Ah Hung who runs a workshop at the junction of jalan semarak and tun razak. Its the small triangle business area at that junction. He's got a lot of experience! Did my shocks with him last year: used boge. Can also try bilstien.

Hi Bro ,
had a e28 three years ago. Sent to Selvam at Pj Old Town beside Railway track.
Pricing ok and cheap.

Top Bottom