Absorbers

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kat8186

Club Guest
Hi guys, Need a little help I wanna get a bilstein sports kit. But not sure which to get. Under bilstein there is B8, B16 and so on I drive an E46 which is the wan I should get. And what color is it. A picture of it would be nice. So at least I would know what it looks like. Thanks in advance guys!!! :D

Do a search on previous threads regarding your topic..there are discussions about it. Your answers are all there. Good luck~

Hi Kat,

Just happenned to saw your post and I am also looking for a Bilstein Kit. So this is what i know.

B6 = sport (yellow) shocks for non-lowered car

B8 = shortened sports (yellow) shock absorbers for lowered cars.

B12 = Bilstein tuning kit. This is basically a sports shock absorbers with lowering kit. It comes with 4 B8 shocks and 4 optimally paired bilstein springs (but made by eibach).

The B12 is your best bet if your car is not lowered and you want to lower it. B12 enables your car to be lowered by 35 mm in front and 20 mm rear. You also get the upgraded performance from your sport shock absorbers.

Alternatively you can buy the sport shocks and paired it with eibach pro kit. A lot of people do that. But if you want best result the B12 is still a better choice.

So far I have been asking around. Most places including Obermair, Stuttgart, Bavarian Auto etc. do not sell the B12 BTK. They sell the sport shocks paired with eibach springs.

I will post a picture of what a BTK is supposed to look like. All 4 shocks comes in one single big box.

Hope this helps.

Hi all, how about stock shocks for E46 318i CKD 2001 model? Any idea of price , and if Ah Meng from M-Speed is the one to look for?

Cheers,
M2

any advise for e36 car....which absorber and spring should i get....(i wanna lower my car but still maintain the comfort of my car..)..how can i achieved this???

Top Bottom