325i Sport or 525i Sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Norman

Club Guest
Dear Forumers,Need advice, what is the pros & cons of 325i Sport and 525i Sport? I've tried both, 325 got more power but 525 more comfortable and more gadgets. Considering price is not a factor, shall I go for the 525i instead? Need advice here. Thanks.:106:

It depends on what you're looking for. If you want to combine sport and confort and price is not a factor then IMO get the 530i. It is fast with high level of comfort. Also have paddle shift to play with.

I have test driven the B7 in 1.8T guise and whilst it's a nice car esp at that price, I was just telling a friend it would have been a handful at our Kuala Kelawang drive i.e. left for dead even by the less powerful 320i. Would the 2.0 TFSI B7 come in FWD? If not would there be a Quattro version and what's the price of that? Cos if it's too pricey, the choice boils down to the 325i again.

lingzhi;352776 said:
hmm... get Audi A4 B7 2.0TFSI, more powderfull... :)

How is the Audi more powerful than the E90 325?

a4test_2tfsitorquecurve.jpg

Quoted 0-100 km/hr figures are also slower than the E90.

And of course the biggest turn off is the FWD layout, if its the Quattro then its a different story but then again, the TFSI is not a high revving
engine and runs out of breath by 6000rpm. In terms of driving experience
and the fun factor, loses out by a big margin to the E90 325.

Nevertheless it is a good car and well built, but overall in my biased opionion, still lacks that final ooomph to make it a true driver's car.

Cheers :)

the audi 2l fsi has a very flat torque delivery of 280nm from a very low 1800rpm to 5000rpm, the engine produced a flat max hp of 200 from 5100-6000rpm.

as for the 325, as per the hp/power curve attached below, the 325 is only at 237nm at 1800revs, peaking at a max of 250nm from 2750rpm -55oorpm. its hp at 5000 is just a 150hp and only peak at a much later rpm.

the e90 maybe slightly faster to the 0-100km/h mark thanks to it slightly higher final hp, but on the highway the audi will eat the e90 for fun anytime with the extra 30nm of torque lower down the rev band.
attachment.php

On the highway, the E90 will be faster given extra 18hp (Msian spec 218hp).

On city driving and stop go traffic, the early peak torque of FSi will definitely give the Audi a headstart.

This is similar with the golf GTi which I was sparring over the weekend.:wink:

Cheers

if money tree is healthy, get the Quattro B7. one chip and voila! gained 50bhp!

no disrespect to anyone here and i'm bimmer fan too...

:)

if money grows on tree, i want a different supercar everyday, can change like underwear ma. :love:

Gone for another test drive, the comfort and ease of drive (active steering) makes all the difference. Also the interior space. Looks like I'm getting the 525i Sports .....

Top Bottom