325i SMG RM189,990 MY2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Chelsea F.C

Club Guest
Anyone knows the history of this car? Keong Heng is selling one Silver 325i SMG for 189,990 neg. Heard engined was once replaced by AB and the car has got some hidden problems. Anyone knows?

:ph34r: if u feel something amiss,something probably is.. be careful,be very very careful.. :ph34r:

A fren of mine just got one 325 smg 2003 from AB for 190,000 with warranty look like the current mkt price for this is so. My dealer fren got one new 325i uk spec, with full m sports kit year 2003 imported new unregistered till now willing to let go at 220K.

But saw many places selling the 02 SMG 325i at RM 210K and year 03 is even more higher. Any SMG 325i selling below RM200k could be some problems or some acc maybe. As i heard the used SMG models are very rare to get, and price is very firm to Neg. I say pay more to get one with good history record.

i think the problem with selling smg cars, only those who wud actually want one wud appreciate the 20k-25k premium as there are only a limited numbers around. AB selling 2003 smg for 190k? wah, i guess that's the real market price.. then again, i believe 'interested' buyers are rather limited.. :dunno:

if u really interested, i think it's fairly easy to find out the history of that car as repairs were done at ab.. maybe u cud insist on a copy of the reg card and verify with ab.. gud luck!!

p/s: there's a forummer named zul wanting to sell his smg.. pm him.. i also dun mind selling mine if can get 210k.. if that's ok, pm me instead!! :D

It is better to get a car fr friends or relatives intead of out side dealers even AB too.
Coz there was an used E46 selling at AB which is very low price. But all i know about this car was actually got flooded b4 and the whole car got total overhaul. But now, the car engine still running fine except the gearbox, ECU and all the connectors failure...very troublesome. But the AB says nothing happens about this car and show us it has all excellent history record. One good condition car. So, there is no cheap and big meat for u. Troubleshoot b4 getting any used car.

There are 120 units of SMG manufactured in 2002. Sales was slow and AB offer special discount in year 2003.

Well, the few of you who know me here will also know that I drive a 330i SMG (Reg. 2003, CBU of course). I had brought the car into Malaysia myself as it wasn't available in the country at the time (Don't think there's another 330i SMG here. There may be but not to my knowledge anyway. I certainly haven't seen any around.).

Anyway, I'm intending to sell the car sometime in October/November 2005 as Í'll be leaving the country. Mileage on the car will almost certainly be under 40,000km when I sell it (in October/November) and it has a full service history.

A couple of people (including from this forum) have asked about buying it. Problem is, because the car is relatively rare (and was probably never sold by Auto Bavaria or Car Trade here), Í'm not sure what the market value of it will be come October/November. What was the price of a regular automatic E46 330i? Not aiming to make too much money from the sale. Just asking for a fair price as I have had lots of fun with it and I would prefer to sell it on to someone who would appreciate it (I know some of you will be skeptical about that last sentence but really, it's true. I don't like to haggle. Once I have a number in my head, you meet it, the deal's done. It's yours.). So what do you guys reckon (seriously lah, pls don't tell me RM5 and a glass of teh tarik)? Grateful for any comments/views you may have.

On a personal note, I am really going to miss the car. It has provided lots of good (driving) memories. Problem for me is that the missus would prefer that I get something more practical (i.e. SUV? *sigh* Nothing wrong with SUVs of course, just not sure if that's my style.) in the next country we're going to. Will probably have to wait until I'm balding and approaching 55 years old before I can get another fast car. Ah well... at least I had fun while I could right? haha.

Top Bottom