3 way passive in an E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

neo79

Club Guest
Hi guys... Iam neo79 here. A lurker more than a poster... :eek:Anyway, finally decided to try out a UDM as my 2nd car. But before this, I would like to know something from you UDM sifus. Iam currently running F-17T, 3 way components. I have seen some of Vanquish pix on da install. Very good... My midbass is only 5.25" so my guess is, it would fit w/o any modification to the mounts other than the kickpanel itself. My other question is, I have searched high and low for pix of door fabrication... :D But kenot find also. I need to mount my 6.5" woofer there. So any advice or pix(Cos I need to use them as reference to tell my installer on what to do)? Thanks a lot! Will continue my search... :DJust to share my puny setup...9835, F17T, Helix B2, Helix B4, Stingers RCA and speaker cables(on da lookout for better cables) and running tri-amping.nb. Mods and Admins.. If this topic has been discussed before, please delete this off. Thanks.

Hey Neo,

I think you should PM Vanquish and seek his advice. He's the E36 Ice guru here.

Sith

Bro,

Van is unable to online coz his connection down at the moment. However u can check wt ycs688 who install my ICE. U can check out pic of my front 3 way passive component speaker at My UDM thread at member's bmw. Hope it helps

cheers

Hi Neo,

Sorry ... I've been away from the forum and all with the lack of connection. Neway, I'll try to help you to the best I can. The F17T is essentially made up of 3 pairs of drivers - 6 1/2 inch mid bass, 5 1/4 inch mid range and 28mm soft dome tweets. These are Vifa sourced drivers and they mite need a decent amount of mounting depth given their larger magnets/weight.

Ideally, the 6 1/2 inch drivers could go to the customs kick panels which cud be either in the doors or enhanced stock location. The 5 1/4 mid range however is a little too large to be mounted on dash or A pillars with the tweets so you are left with either enlarging the stock tweeter location in the door or moving the driver to the current stock location in the footwell. If you do this, you will most certainly have to build those custom door panels like Affan for your 6 1/2 mid bass units then. So, since you're running em passive, I'd say the best way to do this is probably to mount the 6 1/2 inch drivers in the door, 5 1/4 inch drivers in the footwell stock location and the tweets up on the dash or A-pillars. Bi-amping and additional tuning possibilities (Off-Axis Compensation) from the Alpine passive x-overs shud take care of tuning and sound-shaping concerns.

Well, the pics that you're looking for shud be here but due to the recent upgrade of the server and site, most of the user posted pics are lost. I'd suggest that you contact Affan via PM or e-mail for his pics of the door panel fabrication. Or hopefully he swings by this thread and chimes in .... Calling for the RESIDENT ICE MEISTER !!! Ahoy !!!!

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/mari-kita-projek-t1123p3.html

Anyway, hope that the above helps. Good luck with your project, bro ...

Regards,
VaN.

Thanks Van and InitialM...

I dont think I will be mounting the midbass on the A-pillar. Its too obvious to the onlooker. Regarding the mounting depth, yeap, that is one problem Iam facing with the midbass. Not enough volume.

Thanks again! Affan, you got PM. Not now, later... Thanks again guys/1

how abt introducing yourself properly, dear mr. neo79?
a cute photo of yourself will be nice too.;)

Ah Lian,

Cud this be someone that we know from the OTHER forum aah ? LOL !!!

Neo, you're rite - the 5 1/4 inch mid range on the A-pillars will stand out like a pink hippo. Not a good idea if you like to keep your install neat and stealthy. Speak to Affan about the door panels ... the 6 1/2 inch mid bass driver sourced from Vifa's XT drivers line-up has a mounting depth of close to 78-80 mm so space is going to be an issue.

Cheers,
VaN.

mr. van,

i dunno.... cud be an imposter. or cud be an old age pensioner driving a satria neo.... huaaahahahhahahah!!!:D

Top Bottom