2004 E46 clicking noise..Need ya all opinion and advise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

edholic

Club Guest
Hi All,I have an issues that need to get your opinion. :hmmmm2:.The issue is about the 'clicking' noise that come out from the bottom of the car (lower left front). The sounds a bit like ricochet steel rod/spoon being pulled. I've recorded the video for the purpose of helping those who experienced this problem before. You all can check my recording here ---> [video=youtube;-P0eW4TSbBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P0eW4TSbBs[/video]. The sounds considerably heard during the drive in 'speed-dependent' and it can be detected in the compounded area or at basement parking. If outside, it is quite difficult to detect. I've search on a net and some say it was wheel bearing, some say a lower ball joint problem and some say came from the disc backing plate.. So, really appreciate if there is anyone experienced this before and can give some opinions. Thank You

If it's ball bearing it should have a consistent clicking noise per-revolution of the wheel ... My guess would be either your control arms bushing or your tie rods. have you ask your mech to check the front undercarriage also do check your spring and shock absorber too?

Thanks B33mEr,went to my mechanic..there is nothing wrong with the ball bearing,backing plate or lower ball joint..n guess what?the noise came from inner rim and suspected screw or any type of metal in it.The thing is how that thing had gone into..if any metal object that penetrate from the tyre..should the tyre must have been punctured..beside i will need to go to the tyre shop and check it out..btw thanks for the advise..really apreciate 4 sharing.

I had this problem and settle last Monday...
It's the nut on the inside, used to tighten the air valve...
Sounds like a hollow pipe knocking , ting ting ting...
Ask the tyre shop to open and re tighten the nut...

Top Bottom