1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Full CIC Coding installation of FSC Code

Discussion in 'GPS and Car Navigation - New!' started by drimau, Aug 9, 2015.

1. drimau

drimau Club Guest

Just want to open this topic. If interested to know how to coding your CIC, import FSC Code as well as MAP upgrade.

2. drimau

drimau Club Guest

Requirement for Full CIC coding:

Software
    1) BMW standard tools (Coding)
    2) BMW daten file (BMW software update)
    3) FSTool2 (Install FSC Code)
    4) FTPZilla (Accessing CIC)
    5) Hex Editor (Manipulating CIC for retrofitted CIC)

Hardware
    1) K D-can Cable (For Coding ONLY not for flashing software update. To update must use ICOM cable with MOST connector)
    2) Cable drivers
    3) D Link DUB-E100 Version B.1 (Use only this version. To be use for FTP to CIC)
    4) Ethernet cable (To be use for FTP to CIC)

Once you have this it will be easy to ratify your car problem not just coding your CIC e.g. Installing 2nd hand Footwell (NFRM) or reseting short circuit counter in the NFRM 2.

3. drimau

drimau Club Guest

Assuming that you already install BMW standard tools including INPA up and running, now I give one example how to do it.

Example Case:

My CIC now broken and need replacement. I have my repair FSC code getting from BMW and I buy a secondhand CIC for replacement. How can I install?

Solution:

BMW Car have unique 7 digit / 17 digit VIN number. All BMW component will be marked with the original car VIN. For this case if you buy a secondhand parts, you need to change the VIN number in the secondhand part. For CIC, it have 3 location of VIN number that you need to change, i.e. CIC, CIC_GW and CIC/MASK. Make your CIC virgin and then upload your repair FSC code received from BMW.

Now we begin:

FIRST STEP (CHANGE VIN NUMBER)

[SIZE=10pt]How to check VIN:
    1. Use UIF command in INPA to check the vin.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]2. Take note VIN information for CIC (Address on the left side A0, 63 and 62)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]How To Change CIC Vin:[/SIZE]
    1. If you want to change Vin in CIC, you don't have to flash the whole unit using ICOM, but use Dcan cable and tool32 software.
    2. You have to set all 3 vin in the CIC (use these 3 program - cicr_gw.prg, cicr.prg and cicr_hd.prg)
    3. Open tool32 select program cicr.prg.
    4. Use Job aif_lesen and save all parameter to be used in aif_schreiben
    5. use job aif_schreiben and include all 9 parameter starting with new vin (either 7 digit or 17 digit vin) that you want to change in the argument. Example as below.
    Example (case sensitive) here I use vin B123456: B123456;14.06.2013;9284327;9284327;0000000;0111111 ;12345;90600;0202jq0f800A

Untitled.jpg
    [SIZE=10pt]6. Execute it once.
    7. Check your vin using aif_lesen. In this eample the AIF_FG_NR = B123456 and AIF_FG_NR_LANG = B123456
    8. Repeat these step for cicr_gw.prg and cicr_hd.prg.
    [/SIZE]
    9. Now check your vin using INPA. [SIZE=10pt]Take note that VIN information for CIC (Address on the left side A0, 63 and 62) have change to your new VIN.[/SIZE]

4. _BigBoss_

_BigBoss_ New Member

Hi drimau, what about the next steps?

Kind regards

5. DesertGoon

DesertGoon Official Member

Good info. :58:

6. kolamp

kolamp Club Guest

Good info drimau

Is there anything can be done on CCC unit?

7. Jes

Jes New Member

can somebody help me set up fstool? It wont establish a aconnection. Set the java home path and the program opens, also deleted the java installation from c:\ and now its only in ec-apps.